Ate spoiled bones! now sick

Shogun459

:( Our 4 dogs ate some really spoiled bones and now are laying around tummys rumbling and lookin poorly.

Are they in danger?

Is there something I can give them?

Is there something I really Shouldn't give them?:(

Boxer*Mom

It wasn't me
Call your veterinarian! your dogs could possibly get blocked up and not be able to have a bowel movement, or they might could even catch e-coli or salmonella, or the bones could splinter and puncture the intestinal lining. How many bones did they eat, what part of the body were they from, what kind of animal, how spoiled do you think they are-are all questions that first come to my mind.

More Bones

My 7 month old Thai Dog loves beef bones so I give her one most days. they have to be cooked or she wont touch them.She poos ok, so she cant be blocked-up, but are too many bones bad for dogs?

Caroleg

Any news?

I was going to ask about the bones, but it's been a while.

If they were raw, I wouldn't worry. They probably pigged out and are digesting. There's no concern about dogs getting e-coli or salmonella from spoiled meat. Dogs often prefer their raw meat on the "off" side.

Now if they were cooked, that could be more serious. Cooked bones are brittle and could puncture something.

Additionally, if they were cooked and really greasy (like turkey) there's the pancreatitis possibility.

Anyway, I hope your pups are doing fine. My dog's stomach often keeps me up at night.

Somewhat related, ever read the story "Dogs in Elk"? It's been around for a few years, but still pops up. It's hilarious, but you have to read the whole thing.

http://www.jerrypournelle.com/reports/jerryp/dogsinelk.html

Members online

No members online now.