Just a little Lunar update <3

Danefied

Our shelter dane Lunar took and passed his therapy dog test yesterday.

Just wanted to share what a broken, unwanted, throw away dog can turn in to.

Lunar was shot, had serious guarding, fear issues, HW+ and emaciated. Nearly 3 years later he not only passed his Therapy dog test, he passed with NO issues, not the shaker can, not the crutches bumping him, nothing. He was making eye contact with everyone, tail out and wagging, confident, totally relaxed and happy to be there.

Before:

After:

angrypup

Wow, that is amazing! Got a little sniffly there at the first picture but it is so nice to see such a loved dog. Congrats on a gorgeous boy!

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
Awww that's WONDERFUL! Congrats to ALL of you who helped make it happen, and especially Lunar :)

Doberluv

Oh...that is such happy news. I love happy endings. It sure is amazing how resilliant these animals are...how they can let the past be the past and be happy and confident again. Bless people like you who have the gumption and know-how to not only save these poor animals, but really give them a fulfilling life. He looks so happy and healthy now.

Danefied

Thanks all!
Yep, dober, this dog is an inspiration to me about resilience and moving on. Whenever we watch Meet the Robinsons and the “keep moving forward” motto it reminds me of him. That’s exactly what he does. He’s amazing.
And then they play the song at the end and I bawl like a baby!

Danefied

Quick update:

Lunar had his first of 3 supervised visits today. Had a little bobble with a slick floor and mechanical door combination, but he recovered nicely. He had a great visit and enjoyed all the lovings :)

And then he came home and cracked my head with his skull. Because when you’re Lunar, sometimes you have to remind your mom that your head is like a cinder block and its best not to bend down when you’re getting up.

Ow...

~Tucker&Me~

That's so awesome! And ow about the head... Spy has nailed me in the head a few times and his skull is probably half the size of Lunar's... :yikes:

Doberluv

Good for him that he recovered from that quickly. That's a really good indication of some great handling from his trainers. I hear ya about the cinder block heads. I got nailed a few times by Lyric and yeah, his head wasn't as big and heavy as Lunars. I hope you feel better now. Ouch!

Congrats to both of you :) That's true teamwork.

Ow on the head bump.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that my dogs have learned not to bump heads with me, lol. Poor Tallulah almost knocked herself out that way :eek:

Members online

No members online now.