Invisible Fence

avenlee

Hi, I just installed an invisible fence in our yard ... due to neighbors taking their daily walks and our 2 dogs chasing and barking at them (totally harmless, but a nuisance to them) and also Sadie (cocker spaniel) has wandered off and we have a highwayway below and a busy Rte directly behind us. And my 1 yr old westie, Nora, follows her everywhere!

The installation company did go through the training process (only about 1/2 and left a video tape) with me and my husband along with the dogs. Just wondering if anyone has had experience with this and any suggestions on how to train them.

Thanks all !

agilitydobemom

agilitydobemom
Invisible fence is great ecspecially if you get the super dog package it is $1200 but worth it since they give you two training visits the company really stands behind their product with equipment warranties for the lifetime of your fence even if you sell it to another person and performance guarantees for one year on your pet or your money back my husband and I have had it installed and we love it the only potential problems is the fact that your dog may charge through but if the dogs are properly trained to the system then you shouldn't have any problems plus you get a 100% money back guarantee if the dogs don't adjust to the fence so it is well worth the money
The only thing with you is depending on the package you bought it seems like the trainers should have spent more time with the dogs and if so I would call and demand another visit the Invisible fence company is a very consumer friendly business and always glad to help
At least that has been my experience

They're better than nothing if you live in a place that doesn't allow you to have a fence, but they don't protect your dog from things - and people - coming into his or her yard. You've got to watch that. Sometimes kids and even other dogs will figure out that your dog gets zapped if it tries to leave the yard and will take advantage of that.

avenlee

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. I was a bit apprehensive at first but we have a big yard and thought it was a shame the dogs couldn't enjoy it freely. We've had to begin tieing them out. What we are doing right now, as the fence is not turned on yet and won't be until Tues. after the initial training, is taking each one on a leash and running with them to the boundary then about 4 feet from the line, tug them back and run back to the "safe" part of the lawn then praising them. They both are getting the hang of it quite quickly.

Our package was $1,000.00 with lifetime warranty. Then its going to be $100.00/year for the batteries.

There aren't many kids in our neighborhood and all the dog owners walk their dogs on leashes regimently (sp?), hence the problem with our dogs out and about lol

Anyway, Thanks Again! Happy Veterans Day to all our Vets out there !

Members online

No members online now.