The Venting Thread

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
Universe really doesn't want me to have an ACD. Half mask red girl came up uni hearing so went to a pet home. Today my puppy prospect got picked for a show home slot. Fml. Seriously. I just don't want to even think about dogs right now. I've waited 6 years for this puppy and didn't even get my hopes up about this litter until last week. Dammit.
I'm so, SO sorry. :( That's so heartbreaking. :(

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Universe really doesn't want me to have an ACD. Half mask red girl came up uni hearing so went to a pet home. Today my puppy prospect got picked for a show home slot. Fml. Seriously. I just don't want to even think about dogs right now. I've waited 6 years for this puppy and didn't even get my hopes up about this litter until last week. Dammit.
I am bummed for you :(

We didn't know that we should not use bolding although there is that option here. We had gotten used to using it elsewhere.

Yes, you have made that thread. Writing style can still be changed. Again, you wrote in that thread that you are typing for her, there is no rule saying you have to use "my friend..." instead of "I..." or even "we...". Using "my friend" does nothing but disconnect.
Others that have Aspergers have different kind of difficulties. My friend has difficulties with communication. "It's hard to explain why, but when she ask someone to write somewhere for her (it's not only about forums), the message cannot be written in first person." When my friend wants me to write her messages in third person or in passive, it's about her disability - not that she wants to do so. That's why we cannot change it so much.

when it comes to your training issues, it is apparent that Lotta's issues would be best solved with somebody who can meet her in person..../
/.....Going into different threads and demanding different advice for her issues isn't what this forum is about...
When s/he was using the word "issue" in that message, it seemed like that:
I don't think anybody has said Lotta is a problem dog. You have specifically said she won't do this, that and the other. It is obvious you don't have the skill set to work with Lotta, so a trainer is your best bet.../

/.....Sure, you may have read that you can/should work with more than one behaviour at a time, but it's obvious you don't have the skill set needed to do it, so try one at a time.
My friend can train Lotta by herself and she can teach more than one behavior at the time. That's why we have discussed about different kind of subjects. We have mostly tried to discuss about them. My friend has not always asked for instructions.

You are asking instructions on everything, because we don't give instructions here. Not the step by step ones you want. Especially not since every time somebody has tried, you just get ten different reasons why it absolutely won't work, instead of, you know, trying it.
Only some of your suggestions aren't suitable for Lotta. Read our comment here:
What are you working on?
...My friend had tried something what was suggested and we did tell you about it.
It was about take and drop. Actually, my friend had tried two of the things suggested
and we even linked a video about one of them. Although those two things that were suggested didn't work,
there are other things suggested about other behaviors that do work. See the link above.

I think a lot of this issue here is there isn't any room for discussion. You've asked questions and requested instructions on a number of threads, and made a number of posts because you didn't feel you got the information you wanted. In most of these threads/posts, people have offered you advice, given you suggestions, shown you videos and generally offered their points of view. When you respond 'that doesn't work for my dog', that's fine. Not every training method works for every dog. Just like every person doesn't learn the same way. However, when you get such a variety of responses from a number of people who have very successfully trained a wide variety of dogs and you still shoot them down, saying you've 'told' us already why the suggestions won't work, there isn't much more to 'discuss' and people will generally start ignoring the pleas for help.

For example, you say your dog isn't food motivated. Okay, what have you tried? Mine aren't food motivated either if the payout is a piece of kibble. Chicken? They're all in. All you've said is that Lotta 'isn't good motivated'.
My friend can use treats as a reward with other behaviors but not with take and drop. It's because Lotta is interested in toys more than treats if the behavior involves toys.

"My friend wants to add that it might be a better idea to discuss more about things that relates to my friend's disability in this thread "My friend and Aspergers", and about other things in this thread: Looking for a person to talk with"

The reason my friend suggested it was that otherwice the discussion might become incoherent. However, we don't need to discuss about things in those threads if you don't want to.

We can discuss also about other things in other threads. We can also tell and show you what kind of dog Lotta really is.

Taqroy

Oh no, I'm so freaking sorry. :( ((((((((hugs))))))))) That's so...disappointing really doesn't feel like enough.

SoCrafty

We are having such a hard time finding a DJ for our wedding, in our price range. Found one, but I am really not happy and have reservations. No videos, can't see him perform either at an open venue or bar or any other place, and he wants half the money to reserve him by Monday (a holiday here). They wil allow a 2 day grace period only. This is a huge chunk of money I am going to be paying someone that I have not met, or seen perform, and I am panicking. I didn't go with a cake person because she wanted $100 for a tasting. I can't justify spending money thar I can't get back if I don't like you, or how you do things. All of the other DJs in the area are too expensive, but they have videos. Or some are too expensive but they don't have videos.

I really don't know what to do. I have been crying since I got the email this morning. So. Much. Money!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I really don't know what to do. I have been crying since I got the email this morning. So. Much. Money!
If you have reservations DON'T DO IT... you should feel comfortable with whoever you book.
I know some people have tight budgets and instead of going full-on DJ they just rent a PA system and "DJ" their wedding off an iPod. You might want to look into that as an option.

Also $100 for a tasting?! WHAT??? I have never heard of that... all the cake people in town here have free tastings. One even does free tastings open to the public every month... W.T.F.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
So I hate being the person bitching about work but my new coworker is driving me nuts. I've NEVER really had an issue with a coworker so this is new. I can deal with a lot of people and personalities and even if I don't like them per say we get along professionally and work ok together. I'm really easy going.

She's been here... a week. She has experience in the job (more than me and my other coworker who have been here 3 and 6+ years respectively- in this group and company) and made sure to let me know she's the senior one around here now. She made sure to show me her job title was higher than mine. Okay whatever. Good for you. She does not know our software or our methods of doing things here. She wants to redo the way we do things. All the things. She is constantly saying 'well at my old company we did this' or 'that doesn't seem the most efficient' or 'I know a better way'. She jumps on every request- despite not knowing the software yet. Like the second someone asks she barges in and does it. Even if they are asking ME to do it for them. She's come up with all these new conventions she wants us all to follow. She wants me to show her how to do things but if I don't show up the second she asks, then she's 'too busy'. So I should drop everything to show you but you can't do things when I get a chance?

You can't just barge in even with seniority and try to change everything! She wants to be going 24/7 and wants things done at the second they're asked for. We're not that kind of group... we're really relaxed and always have been. When things are breakneck speed we all handle it fine. But things aren't always breakneck speed and nor do we want them to be.

My other coworker comes back next week thank god. I hope she chills out.

SoCrafty

If you have reservations DON'T DO IT... you should feel comfortable with whoever you book.
I know some people have tight budgets and instead of going full-on DJ they just rent a PA system and "DJ" their wedding off an iPod. You might want to look into that as an option.

Also $100 for a tasting?! WHAT??? I have never heard of that... all the cake people in town here have free tastings. One even does free tastings open to the public every month... W.T.F.
Yep. She only used Fondant, and I hate Fondant. She was like when we do your tasting, you will fall in love with it. I was going to say sure, let's do the tasting, but then she hit me with requiring a $100 deposit to schedule the tasting. No thank you.

Thank you for the idea of the iPod thing. If all else fails, maybe his brother in law can DJ this way ROFL

crazedACD

We are having such a hard time finding a DJ for our wedding, in our price range. Found one, but I am really not happy and have reservations. No videos, can't see him perform either at an open venue or bar or any other place, and he wants half the money to reserve him by Monday (a holiday here). They wil allow a 2 day grace period only. This is a huge chunk of money I am going to be paying someone that I have not met, or seen perform, and I am panicking. I didn't go with a cake person because she wanted $100 for a tasting. I can't justify spending money thar I can't get back if I don't like you, or how you do things. All of the other DJs in the area are too expensive, but they have videos. Or some are too expensive but they don't have videos.

With EVERYONE having smartphones and the ability to video at any time, I think not having something to show you is a big red flag. Nope. You don't want this to be a scam artist either, takes your deposit and disappears.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Yep, that's what we did and it worked great - we had someone who kept an ear on the system and knew how to trouble shoot if necessary, but it went off without a hitch.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Gah!

I want a new couch because the one we have is old, ugly, and starting to loose it's support.

DH doesn't want a brand new couch, because "the dogs will just tear it up".

Okay. So I started to look for an "old" new couch that we could get cheap off of craiglist, so we would be able to get a new(er) couch that would nice, but we wouldn't be dropping hundreds on it so if the dogs did something to it, all would be well.

"No, we're not doing that. If we're getting a new couch, then we're going to buy it new."

BUT YOU JUST SAID YOU DIDN'T WANT A NEW COUCH!

I don't understand, and I'm frustrated. I don't want to spend hundreds on a freaking couch when we don't have room for a living room set. (And why buy furniture new if it won't match?) But I don't want our current couch any longer. Craigslist seemed like a perfect solution.

I'm inquiring about the couch I liked anyway.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Gah!

I want a new couch because the one we have is old, ugly, and starting to loose it's support.

DH doesn't want a brand new couch, because "the dogs will just tear it up".

Okay. So I started to look for an "old" new couch that we could get cheap off of craiglist, so we would be able to get a new(er) couch that would nice, but we wouldn't be dropping hundreds on it so if the dogs did something to it, all would be well.

"No, we're not doing that. If we're getting a new couch, then we're going to buy it new."

BUT YOU JUST SAID YOU DIDN'T WANT A NEW COUCH!

I don't understand, and I'm frustrated. I don't want to spend hundreds on a freaking couch when we don't have room for a living room set. (And why buy furniture new if it won't match?) But I don't want our current couch any longer. Craigslist seemed like a perfect solution.

I'm inquiring about the couch I liked anyway.
This sounds like a convo I had with DH not that long ago - he just doesn't 'get' why I want another couch in a more pet friendly material. Our current couch is "fine", which it is, but I haaaate having to keep a blanket on it all the time. :p

Sekah

The Monster.
My husband and I decided we wanted (actually needed) new couches. Though, we didn't feel like paying $$$ and didn't find much we cared for in stores. So we kept an eye on estate sales and the like and actually found 2 that we were quite happy with for a decent price. Not dirt cheap by any means, but we'll be happy to use them for a good many years. I didn't much care for the process (waking up at 4am to get there first after seeing what we wanted online) and won't do it often, but for big purchases it's not a bad way to do it.

My husband and I are terrible at spending money on ourselves. We have a good amount of it, but we baulk at larger purchases & tasks for the house. So we end up looking like we're paupers despite that really being the case.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
My oven ignitor just failed. ****. No pizza for me. Now I've got to call the landlord.

Commence operation attempt to cook pizza in wok.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.