Hello again!

I believe I already introduced myself once before, but that was over a year ago and I didn't stick around - life got in way. But I've been lurking creepily around here for a few months now, so I figured I'd give it another try.

A bit about myself - I'm a student living in Ithaca, NY (Finger Lakes area) with two longhaired whippets and an ancient gray cat. I'm interested in art and photography - I bought a DSLR about a year ago - one of the best purchases I've ever made. I still have a lot to learn but I'm loving it. I'm also an outdoorsy person and go backpacking, kayaking, and skiing whenever possible (and take the dogs along, of course). Books and TV are pretty great too - I've recently become a major Dr. Who fan. I think I'd really like to get into SAR someday, when/if I have the substantial time needed to devote to it.

Anyway, onto the dogs - I share my life with Cricket (four years old) and Journey (almost two) and couldn't ask for better dogs. They go everywhere with me and get to do all kinds of fun things - both compete in conformation, agility, obedience, rally, lure coursing, and straight racing, and I'd love to get Journey into flyball. I've been doing a lot of nosework at home with Cricket too, and she is phenomenal at it, but I haven't been able to find any local classes. She is also a certified therapy dog, and she and I will begin doing therapy visits in the fall.

Cricket was my first dog. She's everything I want in a dog and so in tune with me - and a great model besides.

Journey, who is Cricket's daughter from her first litter, is my sweet, goofy dog with goofy ears. She's a lot of fun.

And the most exciting part of this post - we have seven new additions, as of May 17th! Cricket's second and final litter is now five weeks old and keeping us on our toes. There are four females and three males, all healthy and wonderful. We will be keeping the pick male. I promise to post many pictures of them later, but here's a sneak preview (sorry about size):

So, hello from me and my ever-elegant hounds! I can't wait to get to know you all.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
beautiful dogs! And I love the area that you live in--wine country, Keuka lake...ah many memories!

Gorgeous gorgeous dogs!! Welcome to the forum....again :D Hope you keep posting this time because I would love to hear more about you and your dogs.

Journey is already two! I can't believe it - seems like just yesterday she was a tiny pudgy terror. And Cricket is fast approaching middle age. It makes me feel old.

I'll try to get some pictures up today!

Members online

No members online now.