Nighty night, don't let the bed bugs bite.

Bofinger

More ways canines are deployed for the benefit of our helpless humans.

In the 3 1/2 years it’s been open, Jurys Boston Hotel has never found bedbugs on its premises, nor have its guests complained about being bitten. Still, the luxury hotel in the Back Bay began dispatching a bedbug-sniffing dog to each of its 225 guest rooms last year.

Who knew you could grow up to be a bedbug-sniffing dog ? I don’t think it was even a class offered at my school let alone a career choice.

And when the canine detective barked, after detecting the suspicious scent of the itch-inducing insects or their eggs, the hotel fumigated two rooms and burned the mattresses.

I don’t know how you train to become one of these dogs, but it sounds like a pretty easy job. I’m sure the income is good and getting treats for a successful find is inevitable.

The only scary part is not knowing what else you’re inhaling up your nostrils. Those in the news magazine business (20/20, 48 hours, Outside The Lines) say to be careful of what you touch/smell in a hotel room. Although they disagree on what to avoid the most (some say it’s the bedspread, others say its the towels, while others still say it’s the bathroom door handle), I have it on good information that the last thing you want to be smelling is the remote control.

Turn on a black light in one of these rooms and you’ll understand why.

(more doggie news @ www.boknowsonline.com, a blog by a dog for all dogs)

Members online

No members online now.