Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Top Dog

I apologize for the lack of rain in Seattle. Yes, it is my fault. I came here to go to school and I bring drought where ever I go, so the events must be connected I'm really looking forward to the rain. Living in Mexico (and Eastern WA) gave me a huge appreciation for a plentiful water supply.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:37 PM
Slave to the Aussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
Well, couldn't you go still in the fall and winter? It might be blustery, but I noticed a lot of animals, especially my horses loved the wind and got super goofy. But yeah, it is kind of hard to say "good-bye" to summer.
I could but I'm not going to

Abe would go whatever the weather, I however am less hardy.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Top Dog

LOL Katielou! So, the secret's out. Hey, I have sort of turned into a fair weather hiker too.

Here's something that's a pretty good read with cool pictures to describe the rain shadow.

http://www.seattlerex.com/life-in-th...c-rain-shadow/

Romy, I didn't know this, but Olympia is also in a rain shadow, a different one, caused by the Black Hills.... but there's a lot more rain there than Seattle. But you probably already know this. And you get a ton more rain though, than Seattle. I didn't realize that until fairly recently. It's funny how Seattle has such a reputation for "all that rain," when in reality, there really isn't that much in inches, just that it's a little on the moist side a lot of the fall and winter, and spring. LOL

Here's another interesting thing that describes more about the rain shadow effect. Sequim has very few inches of rain, yet isn't like a desert in that there is still a lot of green trees like most places around here. It explains why. It is the lavender "capitol" of the country. They grow a ton of it and lavender likes it dry. http://www.oregonphotos.com/Western-...ainfall-1.html
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Top Dog

I'm lovin' it However, yesterday's weather was very much needed by me. It really cheered me up - it was perfect out. Fall is most definetly my season, though.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyxa View Post
I apologize for the lack of rain in Seattle. Yes, it is my fault. I came here to go to school and I bring drought where ever I go, so the events must be connected I'm really looking forward to the rain. Living in Mexico (and Eastern WA) gave me a huge appreciation for a plentiful water supply.
Hehehehehe! Has this become a pattern for you?
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullLove View Post
I'm lovin' it However, yesterday's weather was very much needed by me. It really cheered me up - it was perfect out. Fall is most definetly my season, though.

Well, at least it's not very hot. I like fall a lot too.

Thomas Jefferson