Movie ideas?

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Candy, Into The Wild and District 9 are some of my favorite movies! Not uncommon so you might have already seen them but they're interesting movies that I thought about for awhile after seeing them. They all made me cry though, LOL.

And of course The Princess Bride if you haven't seen it! Definitely a classic and so, so witty.

WorkingTerriers' little black Staffie, Stealth, reminds me so much of Toothless <3
I want a Toothless. Wiki tells me that
Elements of Toothless's behavior were inspired by a domesticated mountain lion owned by Dean DeBlois's uncle.
which I can kind of see. Toothless seemed to be a weird mixture of a dog & cat (and of course, Dragon).

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Hm, I've seen a lot of these but not all of them. I'm going to look into them some more. Keep suggesting away!

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Lets see...
- The Objective (can be found on Netflix) was pretty weird and awesome. It really made me go "wtf" but in a good way.
- Kickass, was odd lol
- Suckerpunch was pretty amazing.
- The Grey. It has Liam Nesson in it and I love every movie he's ever been in. Its not really scary, its more of a whats-going-to-happen-next kinda movie.
- I am a HUGE fan of the Fast and Furious series, so I recommend all of those. I saw Fast Five about 2 weeks, LOVE it. But seriously, Paul Walker, Vin Diesel, The Rock, and Tyrese Gibson all in one movie? I was in Heaven lol

I am seriously thinking about going to the movies by myself this weekend and seeing The Avengers, What To Expect When You're Expecting, This Means War (if its still out in theaters), possibly Dark Shadows, MIB 3 cause Will Smith is AH-MAZING!, and idk what else.

Dakotah, one of my co-workers, who is due in August, when to see What to Expect When You're Expecting a week or so ago. Her and her BF fell asleep during it.

Ratatouille was also a good movie.
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog is epic. It's a permanent in our Netflix cue.
A Knight's Tale with Heath Ledger is always a good movie to watch.
That one with Clint Eastwood....Ummmm....He plays the angry old man. It came out a few years ago. Anyone?

Red.Apricot

Oh, The Wrestler is really good, too. It made me cry buckets.

Also Gran Torino, which was pitched to me as a comedy. It is funny, but also pretty touching.

Red.Apricot

- The Grey. It has Liam Nesson in it and I love every movie he's ever been in. Its not really scary, its more of a whats-going-to-happen-next kinda movie.
I went to see The Grey with my boyfriend, best friend, best friend's girlfriend, and best friend's parents and sister. Everyone except my boyfriend and I -loved- it, and I said when the movie finished, in a lighthearted way, to my best friend, "Wow--I was misled. Everyone told me I'd love this movie. False!" He laughed and said, "Aw, really? I thought you would."

His dad said, "You didn't like the movie?"

And I said, "No, ohmygosh it was like the worst," in a half-joking way, because obviously it wasn't the worst movie of all time; it just wasn't my thing, and I was disappointed because like 17 people told me I HAD TO SEE IT.

Ohmahgawd. He laid into me. It was crazy. "So you didn't like that but The Expendables was your favorite movie? I guess we just have different definitions of what makes a movie good then. What didn't you like? What didn't you like? Do you just not like good movies? Why not? Well that's just a plot device, obviously. Oh come on, just get over that, it's symbolic."

He left the screening room, went to the lobby, came back and started ranting at me again. Everyone was like o_______O;;

Insanity.

(Oh, and The Expendables is not my favorite movie, lol. No idea where he got that.)

JacksonsMom

Lets see...
- The Objective (can be found on Netflix) was pretty weird and awesome. It really made me go "wtf" but in a good way.
- Kickass, was odd lol
- Suckerpunch was pretty amazing.
- I am a HUGE fan of the Fast and Furious series, so I recommend all of those. I saw Fast Five about 2 weeks, LOVE it. But seriously, Paul Walker, Vin Diesel, The Rock, and Tyrese Gibson all in one movie? I was in Heaven lol

I am seriously thinking about going to the movies by myself this weekend and seeing The Avengers, What To Expect When You're Expecting, This Means War (if its still out in theaters), possibly Dark Shadows, MIB 3 cause Will Smith is AH-MAZING!, and idk what else.
I loved Kickass. haha. It was soooo, like, random but I freaking loved it.

I've been considering going to a movie by myself lately too. I always felt like a weirdo so never did, but there's often movies that come out I wanna see and nobody wants to see with me, haha!

JacksonsMom

I went to see The Grey with my boyfriend, best friend, best friend's girlfriend, and best friend's parents and sister. Everyone except my boyfriend and I -loved- it, and I said when the movie finished, in a lighthearted way, to my best friend, "Wow--I was misled. Everyone told me I'd love this movie. False!" He laughed and said, "Aw, really? I thought you would."

And I said, "No, ohmygosh it was like the worst," in a half-joking way, because obviously it wasn't the worst movie of all time; it just wasn't my thing, and I was disappointed because like 17 people told me I HAD TO SEE IT.

Ohmahgawd. He laid into me. It was crazy. "So you didn't like that but The Expendables was your favorite movie? I guess we just have different definitions of what makes a movie good then. What didn't you like? What didn't you like? Do you just not like good movies? Why not? Well that's just a plot device, obviously. Oh come on, just get over that, it's symbolic."

He left the screening room, went to the lobby, came back and started ranting at me again. Everyone was like o_______O;;

Insanity.

(Oh, and The Expendables is not my favorite movie, lol. No idea where he got that.)

I've been like that with a few movies, that everyone else just LOVES and I'm like :eek: I didn't like it.

I wasn't really a big Bridesmaids fan. Every one else was obsessed, I didn't think it was THAT funny. Had its moments but I have no desire to watch it again.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR

Insanity.

Well everyone has different views. And I didn't like the Expendables. It was weird lol
And that's kind of... WOW how he went all crazy man on you about that movie lol

I loved Kickass. haha. It was soooo, like, random but I freaking loved it.

I've been considering going to a movie by myself lately too. I always felt like a weirdo so never did, but there's often movies that come out I wanna see and nobody wants to see with me, haha!
I actually like going to the movies by myself or just watch them at home by myself because I don't like it when I'm home and movies have to be paused for everyone in the mom to go to something. And at a theater, movies don't pause so if someone misses something, oh well! lol Plus nachos and cheese at theaters is AWESOME, oh and those coke slushie things <3 lol

And about the What To Expect When You're Expecting movie; a few people have told me it was a good movie but also boring and that is one thing I cannot handle, getting all excited about seeing a movie and it ends making me want to sleep. Seriously, that sh!t blows. If I'm paying almost $9 to go see a movie, it better be awesome.

iwantmypup

I watched Precious last night. Holy ****.

I seriously need to start going to the movies alone, my family I'm with doesn't watch anything other than kids movies, and I'm finally able to see rated R movies(without sneaking in)! :p

Red.Apricot

Well everyone has different views. And I didn't like the Expendables. It was weird lol
And that's kind of... WOW how he went all crazy man on you about that movie lol
No one should like The Expendables, lol--it was a very silly movie. I had fun watching it (probably because my mom was there), but it wasn't good. But, my point was how weird it was that he went nuts. Lots of people loved The Grey, so there must have been something redeeming about it. ;]

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
No one should like The Expendables, lol--it was a very silly movie. I had fun watching it (probably because my mom was there), but it wasn't good. But, my point was how weird it was that he went nuts. Lots of people loved The Grey, so there must have been something redeeming about it. ;]
You are very right about the Expendables.
I really would not have went and saw The Grey if Liam Nesson wasn't in it. I would marry his voice.

yoko

I agree about How to Train Your Dragon. I don't buy movies normally but I have this movie and watch it all the time when I'm bored.

Kickass is funny. I love the guy who plays Red Mist. I think his name is Christopher Mintz-Plasse. His nerdy humor always cracks me up.

I like going back and watching Mulan. An animated Disney movie where the main female character isn't a damsel in distress? Yes please!

I just watched Suckerpunch. It is an interesting movie and has some really nice looking parts.

I'll also throw in my Liam Nelson fan status. I really liked the movie Taken.

Members online

No members online now.