More PETA YAYYY!!!!!

Found this link on PETA's site about vegetarian dogs and cats.

I also saw the movie 7 pounds with the vegetarian great dane and leaned over to newboy and said ("I bet you he rly isnt, hes wayyy too healthy.. dogs need meat") lol

http://www.helpinganimals.com/animalsHome_gi_vegAnimals.asp

a 27-year-old border collie whose vegan diet of rice, lentils, and organic vegetables earned her consideration by the Guinness Book of World Records as the world’s oldest living dog in 2002
Really??

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Well, I have read things that say dogs can survive on a vegetarian diet, but cats absolutely cannot, they need various things from meat, such as taurine. I don't know how a dog could survive on a VEGAN diet though, they need protein!

I wonder if PETA would like the wild animals to stop killing each other for food, too? :rolleyes:

Well, I have read things that say dogs can survive on a vegetarian diet, but cats absolutely cannot, they need various things from meat, such as taurine. I don't know how a dog could survive on a VEGAN diet though, they need protein!

I wonder if PETA would like the wild animals to stop killing each other for food, too? :rolleyes:
haha we should stop animals from killing other animals.

we'd have an ABUNDANCE of animals, and run out of room for people.

thats what they really want

Paige

Let it be
I think it's wrong to force your animal to be a veggie head. Give them the option and most will take meat any day over veggies. There you go. They made their choice. Now you can make yours.

Romy

Taxiderpy
What about the veggies!?! Plants are sentient living beings. Think of them as...earth kittens. No, veganism isn't the answer. We've got to harness the power of science to give all living creatures the gift of photosynthesizing. Only then will we defeat global warming and achieve world peace.

mrose_s

BusterLove
I did look into a vegetarian diet for Buster a while ago, but that was because he's never been a real meat freak, he never seems to enjoy it that much and he lurves his vegetables.

I didn't do it, and I won't. I just don't think he could get everything he needs. Sure he could survive on it, but probably not thrive.

I am considering learning to shoot, despite being a vegetarian (thinking baout vegan again) just to feed to Buster. I hate knowing where his food comes from, it sickens me but I'll buy it to keep him healthy and happy. I still don't know if I could take a life, but if he is going to eat meat, I would much prefer it to have a good life and a quick death than years of drawn out suffering.

Till then, I'll buy him free range where I can afford it and find it.

I cringe when I hear of people feeding dogs/cats on vegan/vego diets, when most people take that stance because of moral reasons... does it not bother them that its immoral to feed a carnivore like that?

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
But the poor sun? Responsible for keeping the entire earth fed? The poor thing! The poor sky kittah!

I cringe when I hear of people feeding dogs/cats on vegan/vego diets, when most people take that stance because of moral reasons... does it not bother them that its immoral to feed a carnivore like that?

Agree, I know of people that only feed papayas , carrots and broccoli to the dogs. :/

But what about animal crackers? :confused:

If a bunny eat one counts as a carnivore? LOL XD

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Note the careful wording of the thing about the oldest dog. "Earned her consideration". Didn't mean she was the oldest living dog, just meant that they submitted it for consideration to Guiness. In fact, there are at least 2 if not 3 dogs that lived longer according to my googling. Nothing is mentioned of their diets, but you can be sure that they ate what a normal dog would eat (i.e. meat). One of them lived on a ranch for crying out loud. No way that rancher fed the dog lentils and soybean curd. :rolleyes:

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
But the poor sun? Responsible for keeping the entire earth fed? The poor thing! The poor sky kittah!
Sky kittah! :rofl1:

Note the careful wording of the thing about the oldest dog. "Earned her consideration". Didn't mean she was the oldest living dog, just meant that they submitted it for consideration to Guiness. In fact, there are at least 2 if not 3 dogs that lived longer according to my googling. Nothing is mentioned of their diets, but you can be sure that they ate what a normal dog would eat (i.e. meat). One of them lived on a ranch for crying out loud. No way that rancher fed the dog lentils and soybean curd. :rolleyes:
And the world's oldest woman (she died in the last year or so) smoked and drank daily. Seriously. There's a lot of factors that go into longevity, and to credit it all on a diet is ridiculous.

Sky kittah! :rofl1:

And the world's oldest woman (she died in the last year or so) smoked and drank daily. Seriously. There's a lot of factors that go into longevity, and to credit it all on a diet is ridiculous.
Ohh very true. so ONE dog lived a long time being fed veggies, but what about all the other ones?? I hear about dogs living a long time being fed dog food too, how come THEY arent getting news stories written about them? lol

Members online

No members online now.