He is here

Paige

Let it be
My labor story is long but he came out extremely fast. I woke up at 3am to having contractions every 5 minutes apart. I hungout on the toilet for a bit, then got up and it was obvious I was leaking fluid with each contractions. I called the maternity ward. They said come in. I got in the truck. I was in the truck a grand total of 10 minutes and my contractions were 2 minutes apart. By the time I got up to the 3rd floor they were a minute apart, lasting a minute and there was no way I was standing/talking through them anymore. I had an internal exam done. Still only at 3cms. I was that a week prior.

The doctor who was going off shift told me that I'd be there for awhile and that I'd be laboring all night. Boy, were they all WRONG! I got to the hospital at 3:45. At 5:30 I was 5cms dilated and still only 50% effaced... then things got extremely painful and I started screaming. At 7 I told the nurse that the pressure had changed and he was coming out. She certainly took her time getting ready to give me an internal exam but I was right when she finally did. I had a slight lip of my cervix left so I panted for a bit but that didn't last too long. He was coming out.

I was asked to push slowly so I wouldn't tear. I did, and didn't end up tearing. I only really pushed hard for the last two pushes to get him out. He pooped in me, but other than that his heart rate never dropped or went up. He had an easy delivery. My mom trimmed his cord while I delivered the placenta. He weighed 7lbs 15oz, is 19 inches long and has a full head of hair. He was born at 8:13am.

All in all it was an awesome experience. One I'd love to repeat 5-6 years down the road.

Here he is!

nancy2394

awwww.... congratulations paige! I love that pic where he's looking right at the camera. Briggs is adorable :)

Taqroy

Congrats!! I really like the last photo! And I have to say that you are the only woman I've ever seen come out of labor and still look great...rofl. Most everyone else I know of looks like they want to kill someone for taking their picture afterward.

mjb

He is gorgeous. And you don't look at all like you've been laboring!! You look great, and you look like you've just been hanging out on the couch or something. Amazing!!

Miakoda

YAY! What a handsome little guy! And I must say, you look great!

Keep the pictures coming! :)

ACooper

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

He is absolutely gorgeous Paige, and I love the name Briggs Thomas. Very well done my dear, on all counts :)

Doberluv

Congratulations! He's adorable and you look so wonderful. That was one quick delivery. Gawd.....I looked so awful after my first baby. Every blood vessle in my face was broken. I was just a mess after 25 hours of labor, 2 hrs of hard labor. You were really lucky and you look so pretty and pleased. I'm so glad everything went well and you have your baby boy. Big congrats!

Members online

No members online now.