Rescue Dogs Before And After

Renee, what an amazing job you have done with her, she looks amazing!
Awww . . . :eek: I had good stuff to work with. Throwing the EVO to her didn't hurt either. Her guts are kind of twitchy from the close call she had with parvo and the EVO has really made a big difference for her. The biggest thing, though, is not being in a kennel. The techs at the vet's said she wouldn't eat. I could hardly believe that. She eats ANYTHING that doesn't eat her first, lol!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Wow, what amazing differences!

No pics here. Molly was from a shelter but her previous owners had taken good care of her, so she was fine when we got her.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Amazing pics! Triumph has always been such an amazing story. And Renee, Tallulah is just gorgeous! We dont' see enough of her. ;)

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Ronin isn't "officially" a rescue - he did come from my breeder. However, she'd seized him back from a very bad home - he was in worse shape (mostly emotionally) than a lot of shelter dogs.

The day I brought him home - he just clung to me, wanted to crawl into my lap. He weighted about 65lbs, he had scars all over, and his emotional state was... well, it wasn't good. He had been kenneled 24/7, muzzled 24/7, beaten by his professional handler and sent to "doggie bootcamp" at 10 months of age. He was a broken dog, and I was told that I'd be lucky if I could do anything with him, show or performance wise.

Flash forward three years... AKC pointed (going over specials), CGC, TDI, and in training for his CD. Pretty good for a broken dog who wasn't supposed to amount to anything.

It took him two years for him to put his ears up consistently - he wouldn't put them up at all when I first got him. Now they're up all the time!

noludoru

Bored Now.
Before:

After:

That winter. . . finally relaxing with me

Last summer, a year after his gotcha day

This winter

This spring, in Shenandoah with me

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Good ole Middie... that first photo of him on a chain always makes me sad... but WOWZA to this one:

Holy Jesus, look at those eyes! :D

F

FluffyZooCrew

Beautiful boy Nolu, just look at that face!

(That last pic, I want to grab you and scream, "Don't fall off the cliff!!" LOL!)

noludoru

Bored Now.
Good ole Middie... that first photo of him on a chain always makes me sad... but WOWZA to this one:

Holy Jesus, look at those eyes! :D
Thanks, Sizzle. He's such a handsome dog, and the series that picture belongs to is one of the few that really show how gorgeous he is.

Beautiful boy Nolu, just look at that face!

(That last pic, I want to grab you and scream, "Don't fall off the cliff!!" LOL!)
Yep, he is. :) I never got to see what a handsome dog he is until I'd had him for a while. In the last picture, we almost did fall off. And by 'we fell off' I actually mean 'Middie dragged me off.' Ryan was off taking pictures of his car 100 feet away, and I had the brilliant idea to hop on that rock and look at the valley below without any backup. Yeahh. . . it was not the best idea. He actually went most of the way off the rock and dragged me perilously close to the edge. I jerked him back on it, though, and kept a better hold on him after that.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Chloe's first day home

Chloe Now... Not really much to go by but in her eyes you can tell she's happy

Tazwell

Scooter Before

After. The scar will never go away on his face. He grew all his hair back in on his back, though, and gained a considerable amount of weight. The sores went away totally, and his ears are all healed.

Archie's Shelter picture

And now. And now he's "Archie CGC"!

Amazing pictures everyone. Our chaz rescue dogs are VERY lucky :)

Maggie's shelter pic:

Maggie's most recent:

Her difference is more in behavior than pics, I think... since she's so camera shy :p

Groch

Gadget Hound
What a great thread! The dogs look a LOT happier and healthier.....and the owners probably are too.

Here is Shadow the week I got him. He weighed under 9 pounds, skinny as a rail with a bit of a concentration camp look despite the good efforts of the shelter. He was not eating, camedown with kennel cough, not happy at all to be in a shelter cage after having a home for 12 years.

But, smiling in his first day in his new home as he checked out the digs and his new squeaky toys:

Here he is now:

No, not that one! He didn't like his present.

This one, at 14 and perhaps a bit plump:

Adopting Shadow was one of the best choices I ever made, for both of us. I am sure that my Chaz friends feel the same way.

Says goodbye to chazhound....done with forums
Here she is before we adopted her when she was at the rescue this is her and her sister (clover) sasha is the one with the black nose and smooth coat (sis had wirey coat)

Sasha the night we brought her home (she was so shy and timid) She would sleep to cope (and still does when she gets upset). No physical issues but she was scared and young. (mom was put down and sister and her were pulled from the pound the day they were to be put down)

Here she is now

Happiest, friendliest, and most likely to plop down in your lap dog I know. She loves people and to be loved

Last edited:

SpringerLover

BABY Allie is so adorable!

And MIDDIE! Who could do something like that to him. SO glad he's with you now Nolu!

Says goodbye to chazhound....done with forums
What a great thread! The dogs look a LOT happier and healthier.....and the owners probably are too.

Here is Shadow the week I got him. He weighed under 9 pounds, skinny as a rail with a bit of a concentration camp look despite the good efforts of the shelter. He was not eating, camedown with kennel cough, not happy at all to be in a shelter cage after having a home for 12 years.

But, smiling in his first day in his new home as he checked out the digs and his new squeaky toys:

Here he is now:

No, not that one! He didn't like his present.

This one, at 14 and perhaps a bit plump:

Adopting Shadow was one of the best choices I ever made, for both of us. I am sure that my Chaz friends feel the same way.

Wow what an amazing change! I'm glad he got a great home. I know adopting Sasha was the smartest thing we ever did

Members online