Headbands?

Ok, this feels like a silly question but I'm hoping maybe someone here has some suggestions.

I'm currently contemplating growing out my bangs. Maybe. If I can get past the annoying inbetween phase. But, to do that I need some decent headbands and it seems like all the ones I buy stretch out really fast while wearing them.

So, anyone have any brands or kinds that look decent but don't stretch out super fast? Maybe that's just not the way headbands are and I'm looking way to much into it though, that's a possibility.

GipsyQueen

I honestly just buy the cheep ones in the pharmacy - then I again I only wear them to put on make-up or something.

I usually put my bangs back with bobby pins if they are getting too long/I'm letting them grow out.

I like the big thick ones that can be opened up into kerchief like things as well....or today I am just wearing a thin braided leather one that is holding well.

My favorite for growing out bangs though it to french braid them back to the side (or twist if you prefer) as headbands often annoy me
[/LIST]

The plastic ones give me such a headache, I think where they hit just hurts too much for me. Slightly a baby :rolleyes:

Gypsy, I work at a pharmacy and for the past six years that's where I've gotten all mine but they are the reason I'm making this thread :rofl1: They all stretch out!

I like the big thick ones that can be opened up into kerchief like things as well....or today I am just wearing a thin braided leather one that is holding well.

My favorite for growing out bangs though it to french braid them back to the side (or twist if you prefer) as headbands often annoy me
[/LIST]
I actually do that a lot, but I don't want to be stuck with just that option everyday and I want something for around the house because if they start getting annoying I'm going to cave and cut them again. Though, to be honest I don't mind bangs and might just use headbands as a option for the days I want them GONE NOW.

I'm going to look into the bigger ones though! They might still stretch out but I doubt it would be as bad/noticeable

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I usually put my bangs back with bobby pins if they are getting too long/I'm letting them grow out.
Same here! Twist them and then pin them back with a bobby pin, use two and make an X with the bobby pins. It's super cute when they're twisted back too.

I have fabric ones that I buy, those big wide ones that are maybe an inch and a half thick. Those are the ones I use at night when I'm washing my face or when I put on makeup in the morning. I also have some thinner Goody elastic "athletic" ones that I use at the gym, but those don't actually stay put. I have to put them on, then use bobby pins to make them stay. Not as advertised. >=<
Otherwise I have some cute cheap plastic or fabric-covered ones that I bought either at the dollar spot at Target or Forever 21. If you put them on a bucket or something round, you can kind of stretch them out!

Something like this is what I prefer. They can be fairly narrow if you want or can open to full coverage (though mine are more hippy type fabrics,tie dye, batik, etc lol)

boneyjean

Stinky Butt
I have a friend who makes fabric ones and sells them in her Etsy shop. She uses her daughter as her model, but I have seen pictures of her wearing them as well. I know she makes them to be worn by women as well as girls.

I have a friend who makes fabric ones and sells them in her Etsy shop. She uses her daughter as her model, but I have seen pictures of her wearing them as well. I know she makes them to be worn by women as well as girls.
I'll check her out! I see she has adjustable ones, that might be perfect for what I'm looking for! Thanks!

Something like this is what I prefer. They can be fairly narrow if you want or can open to full coverage (though mine are more hippy type fabrics,tie dye, batik, etc lol)

Oooh I really like those!!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
the plastic ones give me really bad headaches too!

I really love lululemon headbands! They are made for runners/yoga, which is awesome because I wear them all day and they STAY PUT.

The skinny stain pirouette is awesome!!
http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/women-headbands-and-hats/Skinny-Satin-Pirouette-32711?cc=0001&skuId=3458694&catId=women-headbands-and-hats

They adjust like brastraps, which is brilliant because they NEVER go loose!

and then plain black satin looks good with just about everything

LauraLeigh

the plastic ones give me really bad headaches too!

I really love lululemon headbands! They are made for runners/yoga, which is awesome because I wear them all day and they STAY PUT.
I was going to mention them, I LOVE mine!! Yes they are more than cheaper versions, but they work! They are comfortable, and don't slide off your head after an hour... Most of mine have this rubber(?) inside the band, really soft but holds them good..

ETA Most of mine are like this, I have a few in different colours...

http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/women-headbands-and-hats/Slipless-Headband-32534?cc=0001&skuId=3438155&catId=women-headbands-and-hats

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I honestly just buy the cheep ones in the pharmacy - then I again I only wear them to put on make-up or something.

My hair is all one length so a quick pull back into a hair tie or quick twist (after I wash it so I can finish my shower) into a hair claw usually does the trick.

When I really need to have it out of the way I braid it.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I think I have a weird head because headbands just slide right off the moment I put them on.

Makes me sad :(

Members online

No members online now.