The Venting Thread

Lyzelle

Zander, after deciding my bed was too easy to destroy, decided to go downstairs and beg for food. Since he's FINALLY showing interest in Fromm and he hasn't had anything to eat for a few days now, I gave in. He's currently taking piece by piece out of his bowl and decorating the living room floor. Sigh.

I have the beginning of a head cold coming on. I just wanted to sleep today.

-tales of tworedheads. AKA: Life in the day of a frggin husky ownership.

Lyzelle

My mother has acquired MORE dogs. I'm actually losing count now. 8? 9? The limit in that area is 4. On top of all the small animals and reptiles.

Half of me wants to call animal control. The other half of me knows if they seized the dogs, there's no way Goose or Dante would get "saved". They would be put down.

My mother is a flipping IDIOT.

ETA: And what kind of a freaking "rescue" hands out MORE dogs to someone who already has so many?! Someone who does nothing with them except keep them locked in the house? Someone who REGULARLY acquires animals, gets rid of them, gets more, complains she has no time, gets rid of them, then gets MORE?!

RD

Are you dead yet?
My newfound social life has taken a rather unexpected turn, and I'm sort of drowning in feels.

It was easier when it was just me and Eve.

Red.Apricot

I am allergic to pineapple.

My dad labeled one year's jam AP for apricot and APP for apricot pineapple.

Then the next year he labeled apricot A and apricot pineapple AP.

Then he gave me a jar that says AP.

So now my tongue is swollen and sore.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
My mother has acquired MORE dogs. I'm actually losing count now. 8? 9? The limit in that area is 4. On top of all the small animals and reptiles.

Half of me wants to call animal control. The other half of me knows if they seized the dogs, there's no way Goose or Dante would get "saved". They would be put down.

My mother is a flipping IDIOT.

ETA: And what kind of a freaking "rescue" hands out MORE dogs to someone who already has so many?! Someone who does nothing with them except keep them locked in the house? Someone who REGULARLY acquires animals, gets rid of them, gets more, complains she has no time, gets rid of them, then gets MORE?!
Thats like me, I was denied by 2 collie rescues because I didn't have "enough vet records"... Huh? They said that the vets (I gave them number of the vet I used before I moved & the one I acquired when I moved to Houston) & they said that neither had enough info on my dogs (until Izze's accident they only went I for yearly rabies shots & health exams) I thought thy would be a good sign, a sign I look after my dogs & keep them healthy but I guess not :(

I really had my heart set on adopting a collie but they said their "policies" prevented it :( :(, so I went with tx cattle dog rescue instead ... Oh well they & their dogs lost out on a great person & a great home for their dog... Still hurts tho, makes me wonder if what happened to Izze even tho the vet concluded that it was some kind of accident (tho not a car) had something to do a/their decision

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Rant... I am 4 hours away and he is STILL making threats about me at school and outside of school. I'm sitting here like... why? You have 4 beautiful kids that you don't take care of. You have a good career field and had a chance to graduate next month but messed it up. You now are messing with women that caused you so much problems even before I came into the picture, all because you feel "lonely" and "miss me". Sorry you messed that up and now you have to live with the choices you made. How can someone miss someone else and still threaten their lives? I don't understand that concept.
You are 28, why not stop being a 15 year old and grow up and be a MAN and a FATHER. Because those kids need their dad but all they see is violence and hate coming from you.

This shouldn't bother me but it does. I want him to be a father to those kids. Provide for them, do right by them, love them; and he can't because he is to busy not giving a f*ck and running around acting like a child. Even though I have nothing for him anymore, at the end of the day, he will always have those kids and I just want them to have a dad they can depend on and a dad that will take care of them.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I know it sucks, but if he's going to act like that then he doesn't deserve those kids.

Why do some men have kids & then don't take care of them :( makes me thankful & know I'm lucky to have the parents I did.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I know it sucks, but if he's going to act like that then he doesn't deserve those kids.

Why do some men have kids & then don't take care of them :( makes me thankful & know I'm lucky to have the parents I did.
I know he doesn't deserve them and thank God they don't live with them, they all live with their moms, but he still sees his 2 boys every other weekend, and with all these women he has hanging around now, those boys will be so confused.
It just hurts me how he does his kids, especially his boys since he sees them more, because I was so close to his boys. I adored them so much, and I know how much it hurts them to see their dad act like he does and how much it hurt them when I left. I hope they grow up and have wonderful lives, I really do.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
OH my goodness LOL. the preschool is doing a Christmas concert on December 12th and one of the songs our group is singing is "Go Tell it on the Mountain". Hannah sings it constantly and LOUDLY. I can deal with that...

HOWEVER, I have this app on my phone that is a kitty cat that repeats back what you say in a high pitched voice. Hannah loves this thing and talks to it like it's a friend lol well now she's singing "Go Tell it on the Mountain" at the top of her lungs and then the cat repeats it really high pitched and LOUD lol

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
@sparks ugh it would be migrane time for me. Which is why I will remain childless. Because sit my dogs start howling at the top of their lungs I can just tell them so shut up. Lol well I guess you COULD do that with a kid too but....

You could always delete the app & say your phone ate it lol.

Lyzelle

I also prefer dogs over kids. Dogs listen way better and actually appreciate your training and attention and respond to it accordingly. Kids are just straight brats 90% of the time, let alone their parents who give you dirty looks when you tell their kids to NOT pull on your hair or scream at your dog. The rare few exist. But I vastly prefer dogs.

My rant of the day is my friggin breed. Siberian Husky. I LOVE this breed. It is MY breed. But the people? I could largely do without. The breeders, the rescues, the BYBers, the supposed "Champions". Ugh. It is the people alone that makes me second guess another Sibe. It is absolutely infuriating to watch these dogs go for anywhere from $200 to $2500 based on nothing more than eye and coat color. I hate watching the breed club having to BRIBE people with fame and a showcase spot on their website in order to just get something as simple as a CERF done on their dogs. Hips and elbows are pretty much non-existent these days. Temperament is so far gone I don't even what to think about WHY these dogs are now on Banned Lists across the country. BYBers are soaking it up. It's the best money out there. Charging $1000 for a pup with no papers? Wooo! Jackpot! And if they have papers, well, you better bet your butts that the price is going to skyrocket even more.

I LOVE this breed. I really, really do. But I absolutely loathe the people who breed and manage it.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
really? Hannah listens way better than my dogs do LOL. The dogs don't listen to "STOP BARKING".
lol and I'd take singing..even the most annoying song at it's highest pitch... Over barking.
At least I can understand singing! :rofl1:

I want to YELL at dogs sometimes. "I DO NOT UNDERSTAND YOU! PLEASE USE YOUR INSIDE VOICE!!"

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
lol and I'd take singing..even the most annoying song at it's highest pitch... Over barking.
At least I can understand singing! :rofl1:

I want to YELL at dogs sometimes. "I DO NOT UNDERSTAND YOU! PLEASE USE YOUR INSIDE VOICE!!"
Lol same here. Hannah especially hates the dogs barking.

The thing I hate more than barking... That slurpy licking when Beezer licks his butt, or his non exsistent balls lol

Grab

One of my bosses has a major obsession with the fact that the wee stickdog is intact. She actually scoured through my chart, quizzing a different doctor about why "some of her dogs are fully vaccinated and others aren't". Firstly, they've all been vaccinated:rolleyes: I don't do yearly DHPPLs and on my oldies who don't go anywhere, I don't always do the three years right on time. However, I think only one is "behind". I don't (and never have) kept up on Bordetella unless they are boarding and, thus, required.

I am assuming she's talking about the Noglet, who I recently took in for his Rabies booster. I plan to titer him, since his former owners said he'd had a DHPPL. He hasn't boarded, and he's not in heavily doggie areas. So I'm really not concerned.

And then, she had to throw in "and I don't know why she won't neuter him":rolleyes: When the other vet said 'She says he doesn't have any behavior issues", the ball nazi got huffy. I wish I had free time enough in my life to worry about what was between other peoples' dogs' legs.:rolleyes:

crazedACD

Someone needs to wish me luck for tomorrow..trying another vet.

I'm trying really hard to keep an open mind and hope it goes well but I don't feel like jumping through hoops or being treated like a criminal because I don't vaccinate much. I'm also getting really tired of non aggressive vets and I know what I want done tomorrow and I hope there is no argument.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
One of my bosses has a major obsession with the fact that the wee stickdog is intact. She actually scoured through my chart, quizzing a different doctor about why "some of her dogs are fully vaccinated and others aren't". Firstly, they've all been vaccinated:rolleyes: I don't do yearly DHPPLs and on my oldies who don't go anywhere, I don't always do the three years right on time. However, I think only one is "behind". I don't (and never have) kept up on Bordetella unless they are boarding and, thus, required.

I am assuming she's talking about the Noglet, who I recently took in for his Rabies booster. I plan to titer him, since his former owners said he'd had a DHPPL. He hasn't boarded, and he's not in heavily doggie areas. So I'm really not concerned.

And then, she had to throw in "and I don't know why she won't neuter him":rolleyes: When the other vet said 'She says he doesn't have any behavior issues", the ball nazi got huffy. I wish I had free time enough in my life to worry about what was between other peoples' dogs' legs.:rolleyes:
Hahaha that's funny! He'll, some ppl have reasons for not doing it, if there aren't any behavorial issues like he's not trying to break out to see his wild oats or anything then I would confront her straight out & tell her it ain't none of her business & doesn't concern matters of work. I only get rabies on mine too unless they are boarding.

Members online

No members online now.