Sigh. Moving again!

Ughhhh I haven't been on here in forever, thought I'd update. :)
So um....legal ahem "personal problems" made it so now I'm living with my brother, not my uncle.
My mom has been in Alaska for about 5 months with family, trying to 'get better', get a job, be happy. The plan was for her to save money and come down to LA with a job and then I'd live with her again.
Well because of my uncles problems, everything's kinda going crazy. My aunt and uncle in AK are coming down to Cali, and my mom and I are going to be in their house basically house sitting. So I'm moving to Alaska. My mom has honestly said this so many time "were moving to ______!" that I didn't believe her. But this time it's actually happening. I don't know for how long, it's definitely for at least 5 months. ....the coldest five months of the year.....
I'm going to miss California so much!!! Im not gonna lie, I think I actually cried when I found out. I'm leaving like everyone behind...I won't be able to see my friends or my brother. But it'll be fine right? Alaska is cool...like it's not a super boring state. IT'S ALASKA. THE LAST FRONTIER. Its a pretty cool opportunity, not everyone can move to Alaska. Lol, now I'm just talking myself into it. :p

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I can imagine it'd be a tough move to make--but I guess Alaska and it's beauty is something not everyone gets to experience. Do you like snow? :p

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
I like snow! When I go skiing for the day :p
It'll be a huge adjustment, definitely not used to living in the snow!
Seriously - I've been here three months & have no intention of ever seeing snow or "real" trees again. Good luck :) always wanted to visit Alaska...

Red.Apricot

It's great that you have such a positive attitude about this! Looking at it as an adventure and an opportunity is awesome.

Seriously - I've been here three months & have no intention of ever seeing snow or "real" trees again. Good luck :) always wanted to visit Alaska...
I've seen snow probably fewer than 10 times in my life. :rofl1:

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
as someone who is also dealing with the fact that they may be moving, tho not quite as far as you LOL im only moviing to my folks ranch about 100 miles or so away) i have also had personal problems due to a work grievance & long story short it has made me fear for the safety of us & the dogs. i am counting down the weeks til we gitty up on outta here!!!!!!

Renee, that's something that really worries me. I LOVE my doctors here and this is by far the best clinic I've been to. Alaska has a good clinic, but I imagine it's small? They do know about CF...I was diagnosed there! (born in Alaska hehe) it's the weather...from my experience it's really dry in the winter. I can't use a humidifier so I don't know how that's going to go. /:

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Ack how exciting! I've never been to Alaska, but they have puffins there! Moving is hard and can be scary but at least it is somewhere cool!

Members online

No members online now.