"Weekend Buddy"

k9krazee

My boyfriend, of 4.5 years, wrote on my Facebook yesterday "Best Weekend Buddy Ever!!!"

I Texted him "weekend buddy? Love you too..." he replied with a "love you always, it sounded strange when I wrote it."

Now, I joke to friends all the time that we have the perfect relationship -- we spend the weeks apart doing our own things and when we see each other on weekends we are always doing something exciting. We never get tired of each other and always leave the weekend wanting more.

But...now I'm just a weekend buddy and I'm not sure I'm okay with that! It means he's content the way things are an has little/no desire to find a job/move closer to me. And it is fine for now, we lived together for the first 2-3 years and have been doing the LDR thing for the last 1.5. I don't want to have a long distance relationship forever.

I'm afraid that he won't leave his job for me - I'll leave my (PERFECT, full time, dream job) for him and resent him every single day. Or we'll just fizzle away to "good weekend buddies" or "when it's convenient buddy".

*cries*

/vent
thx

jess2416

Who woulda thought
are you sure your not reading more into that, than what is there?

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
are you sure your not reading more into that, than what is there?
Thats what I was going to ask too. Sounds like he was just trying to be funny. I would suggest that when you see each other this weekend you sit down with him and be totally honest about your concerns

k9krazee

I'm sure I'm overreacting in a sense. But I think it diminishes the relationship that we have (my view of the relationship? What I thought we had?) and I would never call someone I wanted to marry & spend my life with a weekend buddy.

This last weekend we spent with his parents. They pulled him aside and asked what he thought our future was going to hold and it followed with us having a serious discussion about the future.

He probably meant something like "my favorite person to spend weekends with!"

Still, WEIRD.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
I'm sure I'm overreacting in a sense. But I think it diminishes the relationship that we have (my view of the relationship? What I thought we had?) and I would never call someone I wanted to marry & spend my life with a weekend buddy.

This last weekend we spent with his parents. They pulled him aside and asked what he thought our future was going to hold and it followed with us having a serious discussion about the future.

He probably meant something like "my favorite person to spend weekends with!"

Still, WEIRD.
now, I don't know you or your SO or the dynamics of your relationship, but looking at it as an outsider, to me it just seems like he is saying that your the best weekend buddy and that there is no one he would rather spend his weekends with..

I would suggest, that if its seriously bothering you so much, to have a heart to heart with him, and tell him :)

Members online

No members online now.