Probiotics

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Fastrack is okay, but not great. I've also heard from a good number of people that it isn't all that shelf stable.

The amounts of CFU it supplies are low, only 400 million per gram. To put it into perspective - the product I use supplies 4 billion per 700 mg.

There is really no need to buy a product specifically marketed for dogs. Go to your local health food store and see what they carry.

JR0579

German Shepherds Rock
Mordy said:
Fastrack is okay, but not great. I've also heard from a good number of people that it isn't all that shelf stable.

The amounts of CFU it supplies are low, only 400 million per gram. To put it into perspective - the product I use supplies 4 billion per 700 mg.

There is really no need to buy a product specifically marketed for dogs. Go to your local health food store and see what they carry.

Thanks Mordy. Any specific brand you recommend

Thanks again

Mordy

Quigleyfied
I've been using the NOW brand 4x6 Acidophilus powder and am very happy with it. I take it too. :)

joce

Do these really help mordy? We had an in service the other day at the hospital about how the capsules don;t work(for people anyway) and now they are putting tubes down and basically feeding them their own poop:eek: The only thing I could bring up was if it was in a tube for kittens why couldn't it be for people but they said its the same with the pet ones.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Probiotics are beneficial for many health issues, which has been proven in many clinical trials (in animals as well as humans).

The problem is that not all products are of equally good quality and you need to know what you are buying.

Also, probiotics are not native bacteria to the intestinal tract, and for certain functions (e.g. synthesizing of vitamin K) you need the types that would normally be present, acidophilus and other probiotics won't fill that role.

Members online