Naming the Beast

Katem

My puppy is currently nameless. I only just picked him up today, so I feel like it's acceptable that he hasn't been named yet, but he's starting puppy classes on Friday and he's tagging along to Pig's agility class tomorrow and he just needs a name. Before I was even committed to his litter, I was calling future Mastiff Stitch. However, now that he's home I just don't know how I feel about it for him. When I knew that I was definitely getting a puppy from his litter, I started to consider Badger.

Part of me wants to stick with the animal theme since I already have a Bear and a Pig. And Badger would be a fitting name for the little guy, because there are times when he just 'don't care.' I also like the name Weasel, but only in theory. It fits the animal theme, but it could also be a reference to A Song of Ice and Fire and Harry Potter. I don't think I could see myself actually calling a dog Weasel though.

So far I've narrowed it down to:
Badger
Weasel
Stitch
Fred
George
Jameson
Peanut
Tater
Archer
Dobby

I'm leaning towards "Mischief Managed" as his registered name, so I feel like one of the Harry Potter names would be most fitting. My sister likes Stitch and Jameson the best, and argues that Stitch was always getting into trouble and Jameson often leads to mischief.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Or suggestions for a different name?

This is the little guy by the way

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Tater! Oh my god, name him Tater! <3

Don't feel bad, my Simi was puppy for about two weeks, I think, before I finally found the perfect name for her.

DJEtzel

I LOVE the name Badger, but I am pretty biased. My favorite shelter dog ever was named Badger. It's a pretty awesome name though.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Badger has been one of my favorite names for a long time! I also think George would be a great name for a mastiff :) Congrats, he's adorable!

Romy

Taxiderpy
GRAWP!!!! OH PLEASE NAME HIM GRAWP!!!! :rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:

If you named him Mundungus, you could call him Dung for short.

He honestly looks kind of like a Cedric though. I like Dobby too. :)

You could give him a centaur name. Bane, Firenze, Ronan?

Barb04

Super Moderator
First I need to say how adorable he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know why, but I just keep saying "Tater"

Katem

I do really like Cedric, but that's the name of one of my best friends, so that could get confusing.

So far Badger is my favorite and it would still fit the registered name since it's the emblem of Hufflepuff. My sister isn't a huge fan and is definitely pushing for Jameson. I think I'm going to have to just call him by each name for a bit and see what is most comfortable.

Katem

Badger won out. As much as I like Fred and George, Badger was just a better fit.

I'm in desperate need of a new camera since my cell phone pics just aren't cutting it. So I'll be making the little man a picture thread as soon as I decide which camera to get.

Members online