I have dog want... BAD. Help?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I want the second one, lol. I've known some sheltie/pap mixes. It's a good mix if I do say so myself. :D

They are a pretty intense breed. Dog aggression will be a definite and they have very intense guarding instincts. They are not for everyone. If you have researched them then you must know these things... :)
I have to disagree with this statement. It is not definite with this breed at all! I currently have 5 that live in my house and while they have no desire to play with outside dogs they do not have DA. Are their lines that have DA as an issue, absolutely but there are also some with aggression, and fear aggression as well. To be honest research is great and I fully endorse doing all you can but in the end the only thing that will prepare you for owning a guardian breed or a LGD is owning one. I can tell you all the stuff I want about them but in the end until you have experienced it yourself it is hard to explain.

Yes I am aware they can have DA, but I also have owned & had experience with a few breeds that can have DA; GDS's ,mastiffs, dobermans, & even ACDs & JRT's who since they are small ppl don't think they can be bad but when hey do fight & it can be out of thr blue, they will kill one another or in the process Dona lot of damage to each other in a shockingly short time.
Continue your research and while some corsi people come off as unapproachable don`t let them scare you off... find someone that is willing to answer all your questions and not expect you to purchase from them as payment for the time.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
after seeing the past dog thread.. my vote is for a little sheltie puppy!!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I don't even have any idea where to start with sheltie breeders. lol I've been out of the breed for so long.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
PM me? :D Either way I know I will have another sheltie one day so it's better to get a head start, right?

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Remember that sheltie pup I played with in June?

... Well she still hasn't found a home apparently and she's probably at the show I'm at this weekend too.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I just sent an email to my old trainer's breeder but I'm not sure they still breed. They haven't updated their site in a couple years. :/ Puppy application is way intense too for their performance dogs. Not sure I make the cut but it's worth a shot and maybe they know of some other sports breeders to look into.

Mandy you're evil! :p

Last edited:

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Okay so... the plan right now is to wait and see and continue on with my two... and go ahead and contact some breeders. I hope the right answer really just jumps out at me at the right time.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
So Laur...

I'm posting photos in a moment here. You may want to not look if you have sheltie fever. Just a warning lol.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Uh oh! :p

I think part of the problem though is that I don't have sheltie fever. I like them a lot and want another one eventually. Beanie sent me some good leads that I like a lot and I have a friend of a trainer of mine here that could also hook me up with a great sheltie. Btw, Beanie I appreciate the help a ton. But whenever I'm honest, i'm not sure if I want one for the next dog. I definitely would be happy with one. I think a sheltie is a *smart* choice for me. Possibly even the best choice for what I want to do and for my lifestyle. But on the other hand not horribly exciting at the moment. (I don't mean any harm by that, I feel the same way at the prospect of another papillon). Part of me is really wanting a breed I've never had before just to try something new. But I am a creature of comfort and that doesn't like taking a bunch of risks. I know shelties and papillons work so why risk something that doesn't? But I won't know about other breeds if I don't try them out.

Graahh, why is this so hard and confusing?

Y'all get cookies for listening to my indecision, by the way. :popcorn: I am literally one minute going 'Yah sheltie!' then the next going 'Definitely border collie.' Then the next 'I'm really not sure.... Aussies/Cardis/Tollers sound fun too.'

Solution? I need about 8 dogs at a time. :lol-sign:

Members online

No members online now.