Biting And Positive Reinforcement

yeah, i'm O neg. too. For some reason i can only stand to give blood out of my left arm so I look like i have track marks from donating so many times!

thanks for the grammar lessons everyone :p been a while since i was english class or the like.

manchesters; your "youngest" dog is 7 right?

Adrienne

Manchesters said:
Till the dogs have all passed. Then I wouldn't let 'em near me with a pole. But it seems that my dogs insist on flourishing, and will most likely outlive me. I would hate for that to happen. They don't adjust well to new environs. Ah well, a good friend has said she will take the Manchesters and make sure they go to Manchester people.

Sorry to ruin your attempt at wit, rofl.
That is not how I meant it at all. I meant if you are Rh- they wouldn't bother to give you a blood type that doesn't match yours unless they were out of blood that matched yours. I would never be cruel like that hun!

M

Manchesters

Just Thought You Were Joking, lol

Adrienne said:
That is not how I meant it at all. I meant if you are Rh- they wouldn't bother to give you a blood type that doesn't match yours unless they were out of blood that matched yours. I would never be cruel like that hun!
I wasn't insulted or anything just thought you were giving me back some dry humor like I hand out.

It used to be that there was not that much AB- around. I had called the blood bank once, and they told me to just give them my name and number so they could call if they needed that type, because it would go stale sitting on the shelf due to very little call for it.

My aunt had a very rare blood due to having what she said was the "Duffy" factor. And if she ever needed blood she was as good as dead, that there are only like 1 in a bazillion people that have it!! Thankfully she never had a problem.

I CAN take a little tit for tat, and I am grown up enough to know when I have it coming, rofl. NOT insults of mistruths, but just a bit of goading and verbal goosing in the ribs! Which believe it or not was what I was doing to many. Not trying to hurt or insult. Just being a smart arse!!!!!!!!!

M

Manchesters

Yep.....

Tail_Chaser said:
yeah, i'm O neg. too. For some reason i can only stand to give blood out of my left arm so I look like i have track marks from donating so many times!

thanks for the grammar lessons everyone :p been a while since i was english class or the like.

manchesters; your "youngest" dog is 7 right?
I have 3 litter sisters, Goose, Missy (Birdie Girl) and Kammi (Schnuggle Bug) that are 7. The oldest is 15 and appears to have had a stroke, because she is now batwitted as heck. But she can eat, drink go outside and sleep, so she is doing perfectly fine. She just kinda lists a little when she walks. Kind of like I do, for that matter.

S

stirder

do any of you know what the "duffy" factor manchesters mentioned actually is? or do you know what it really is manchesters? I ask because my grandfather died when I was 18, he had been extremely ill for quite some years and bed ridden. he had severe lung cancer wich could not be treated, barely slowed down, mostly they were only able to help with his pain but not by much the last year of his life. he also had emphazema, and several other related problems from smoking ever since uncle sam provided un-filtered cigarettes with the world war 2 troop rations. isnt it amazing that after that neither my dad nor I quit smoking?
anyway, before he died he wrote a letter to each of his immediate family members telling various stories about various parts of his life. at one point in the letter he mentioned that the army told him he had a rare blood and he called it the duffy factor. always been interested in what that meant, but even my doctors havnt been able to tell me.

Adrienne

Duffy system: A blood group consisting of two antigens determined by allelic genes. Hope that helps I am sure I can come up with more in a few minutes

Y

yuckaduck

Man this post sure has covered many many subjects and I must admit I knew very little about Rh+ or Rh-. Neat stuff to learn about.

S

stirder

yes yuckaduck it sure has, I wonder what will be next? a debate on wether care bears are fact or fiction? j/k, this is all interesting stuff.
adrienne, thats interesting but its way over my head. like I tell my wife when she is talking about accounting terms..."talk to me like Im an 8 year old"

Adrienne

Not sure if I can make it any easier, it's pretty complicated stuff. Basically everyone's red cells carry different antigens on them and some antigens don't mix well with others as is the case with the Duffy system and the Rh factor.

S

stirder

so basically it doesnt mean anything in day to day life, but if you have it and get a blood transfusion it would have to also have the duffy factor?

S

stirder

hey, your supposed to be on my side!!!! now you sound like my mother in law, and that is NOT A CMPLIMENT, you'd understand if you met her. I'm actually high on her list of good people, and she treats me like sh!t, doesnt treat her daughter much better.

S

stirder

435 posts so far, this one will be 436. how many topics have we discussed in this one thread??? I sure am not going to go back and re-read every post to find out but I am guessing atleast 6? maybe more. from training methods, to fights, to blood types, to rh factors, to duffy factor, to whos on whos side/in laws!!! yep, atleast 6 topics in one thread! wow. atleast we all seem to be friends now. or if some havnt fogiven and are just ignoring others, we are being civil, YAY!!!!! we should have a party with cake and champagne. oh...that reminds me. 1st wedding anniversary is this coming sunday. (lol, I guess that counts as topic #7?)

Doberluv

1st wedding anniversary is this coming sunday. (lol, I guess that counts as topic #7?)
Hey! Big Congratulations! What should we have with the Champaigne?

how many topics have we discussed in this one thread???
yep, atleast 6 topics in one thread! wow. atleast we all seem to be friends now. or if some havnt fogiven and are just ignoring others, we are being civil, YAY!!!!! we should have a party with cake and champagne.
Yup....why do you think I didn't steer it back on topic like I'm suppose to do? LOL.

S

stirder

so your a moderator too? (sorry, different thread about that).
what should we have with the champagne? cake of course. and I am thinking my wife and I will go to a little japanese hibachi steak house here in town for dinner. dont know for sure though, I may cook something. doubt that, Im not nearly as good a cook as those guys are.

Members online

No members online now.