Maggie's warming up!!!!!

My adorable little shy doggy is warming up to my fiance Justin, who just a week ago she shook in fear of. She's taken treats from his hand, and she belly-crawled up to him today and "made" him pet her, actually nuzzled his hand, and when he stopped, she nuzzled it again so he would keep going. She didn't need anything, just some lovin'.

I just kept letting him give her all the *really good* yummy treats, like chicken off his plate (she's gonna develop bad habits I can tell ;)) and other dog-friendly people foods, and he's been really good about being patient with her and not forcing affection on her (like he's wanted to.) And finally I guess she saw some good in him and loved up on him!!!! Justin is THRILLED!

She still has a tendency to hide, but now she's more likely to hide in the same room we are, and she comes out to say hi in between naps I guess. She also kinda jumps when Justin talks, I think she's startled by his deep voice. I got him to start talking in a girly squeaky voice around her, haha.. it's funny - he has some difficulty with it ;-)

Anyway, thank you guys... really. For everything.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Woohoo! I'm glad she's finally coming around! Looks like all she needed was a little time.

cinnamon

Awwww, I'm glad she realizing Justin's a good guy that just wants to love her.

Neither of my shelties were affectionate. No cuddling or they'd leave. Just a scratch and then they go lie down. Mine likes to be in the same room, but she likes her space :)

Maggie's turning out to be quite cuddly. She's doing even BETTER with Justin today. I left her with him for a couple hours and she would NOT leave his side, and he wanted to play video games, but she wouldn't let him stop petting her ;-) She has this cute way of pulling your hand away from the controller (or whatever you're trying to do) with her nose, so that your hand ends up on her head and ya have to scratch her.

I think pretty soon she might even be willing to sleep in bed with us!!!! Who knew things would happen this quickly? I'm so proud. My dog rules!

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I am happy to hear she is coming around--some dogs take lots of time and patience!

Members online

No members online now.