blowing coat..

shadowolf

My sibe is blowing her coat.
what in everyones opinion would be the best brush to use on her?

here are some pics ;)

:eek:

Barb04

Super Moderator
At first glance, it looks like she tore up a pillow! I don't have any advice. Your lawn looks like you almost need to vacuum it instead of mowing. She's a beautiful dog.

I can't see either picture, but I can picture it in my mind! All that undercoat, huh! You need a rake. And go against the grain to pull it out then with the grain to lay the hair back down. Do you know what I'm talking about? I can find a link if you don't. You need to do this lots during shedding season especially because you don't want to aggrevate your dog or make him hurt.

bubbatd

Looks like you've done the job and need to clean up !!! LOL!!! We've all been there ! Put the hair in an onion bag, hang it, and let the birds feather their nests !

When I groom my samoyeds and don't feel like turning on a blower I use an under coat rake it is fabulous. I find the shedding blades are not long enough.

My Bear had an Akita undercoat, but he hated the rakes. I found a regular vent brush with the rounded tips did a good job and he didn't mind it. I ended up using one on O'Reilly, our Australian Shepherd, as well.

Athe

It's amazing the coat you can get out of a double coated breed when you bath your dog. Soak the dog, lather up with shampoo then brush the lathered up coat with a slicker. The coat just glides out, and where it is wet and soapy it doesnt tumble all around the yard. I just put the wet fur into a garbage bag. Keep brushing through with the slicker, then when you think you got as much as possible out, rinse throughly until water runs clear. I have access to a high velocity dryer, so I would follow up with a good blow out with the dryer to get rid of the rest of the coat.

Athe

Renee750il, I never thought of my insensitive behavior towards our feathered little friends. Do you think the little creatures will ever forgive me??? ;)

They might poop on your car a few times when they find out you've been holding out on them, but they'll get over it and sing for you ;)

Just hope you don't have buzzards around . . . you should see the size of the splat buzzards leave :eek:

Athe

We only have Turkey Buzzards in my area. They are not the type of birds I want sitting on my windowsill leering at me :eek:

They're pretty grotesque when they're on the ground, but really beautiful when they're soaring up high. Our dogs have come close to catching a few buzzards that thought having wings made them safe . . . The dogs really can't stand them.

yanya

Kairi has entered "Corgi Shed" mode. No matter how much brushing I do...it keeps on coming. She should be bald by now...

I recently purchased a kong zoom groom at petsmart..works great for shedding..my little button is also blowing his coat, so hair is every where! but the zoom groom is fantastic for picking up hair.

Members online