If you have FB, you REALLY want to read this

yoko

I think it's kinda funny these people are going back and are now horrified at what they have posted. XD

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Hmmm. Could be interesting, me and the other half sent each other some really x rated stuff :D

Yeah, I checked a couple days ago. Wasnt going to because it was "proven" not true....well, I had stuff their I know people didnt post on my wall...personal stuff. Another friend of mine has stuff from a person who only communicates via PM.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Thank you for posting that. I have said some intensely personal things in private messages, and I about had a heart attack. xD

Nothing but wall posts showed up on my timeline. I hope it stays that way. Fortunately I've only had truly private conversations in Facebook with a few people, so I wouldn't have to go all around to ask dozens of people to take stuff off their wall.

I am very sure it's not true. I have already been through this with several people. I checked mine and they were all wall posts. The easiest way to verify is to actually check your old PM's and then cross reference it. None of the things that were on there were in my PM box. Same goes for all my friends who checked. And none of it was personal. I have a TON of things in my PM's that were super personal. I also saw NOTHING personal on anyone else's. What are the odds that it didn't mistakenly post anything "bad" on anyone's wall that I checked? The people claiming it's a glitch are saying it lumps ALL PM's for those years in with wall posts. How could it just do that to a random few people and JUST a random few messages and it just happened to be messages that weren't super personal? I'm not buying it. It would be all or nothing.

I really think most people who DO find super personal things on there are just forgetting how lax they were with their FB a few years ago. Wall posts were totally different back then. You couldn't like them or comment on them. You just posted back and forth on each other's wall. Most people didn't really look at or pay much attention to wall posts and they did not show up in your news feed so people weren't as careful. I REALLY think the people who swear those things were not on their wall are just forgetting. The NBC investigation didn't find any truth to it and so far no most people I know haven't either.

Have those of you who are saying it happened actually checked your old messages? And if so, did they ALL show up on your wall? If not how do you explain that just a few random messages popped up on your wall?

Fran27

No, they didn't all show up on my wall. But it's facebook, I stopped questioning the logic of it a long time ago, lol.

In my case it's weird, it showed 62 things on my wall last year. I don't think I had 62 things posted to it (especially as I tend to get rid of spam etc). There was something from my sister that was totally out of context too, and she only posted on my wall once ever. In my case, it actually seems like it was some chat messages or something? I don't know. I just hid everything anyway. Nobody needs to read that stuff...

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I found some stuff that I'm pretty sure were private messages. Then again, I was a teenager and had the logic of a hormonal fruit fly at that age so.. I'm not giving myself to much credit FOR NOT saying personal things on public facebook walls.

I hid the old wall posts from others regardless lol nobody needs to be seeing those anyway.

M

MyHorseMyRules

Yeah.... I had some private stuff that got posted on mine. Glad I went and checked. A good friend was talking to me about some VERY personal, private matters that he was dealing with..... Not good. LOL

Facebook has said the wall and the messages are on separate systems, meaning a technical error would be very unlikely.

Do I know what I posted to a wall or to a message back in 2006? Six years ago? Those were long buried before timeline made it easier to go back.

BostonBanker

I don't have anything on mine that was private, but I was also pretty late to the Facebook party - I've only had an account for something like 4 years.

What I don't get... is WHO goes back to somebody's facebook from years ago and looks? I mean, really? LOL
I did, that's why I love timeline. It's so funny to go back and see what crazy stuff you and your friends said years ago. I read my whole FB from the beginning like the DAY I found out about the timeline months ago. Just mine and my best friend's. I looked at mine and a few others the other day when I found out about this just to see if it was true. It wasn't.

I saw this a few days ago.. sure enough I had A LOT of messages posted on my wall from PMs I had with people from YEARS ago. Easy enough to delete, but still weird as hell.

Also, the people that the conversations were with..the messages are still on THEIR wall, so you need to ask them to delete them too.

Members online

No members online now.