What breed is Robin's dog...

lizzybeth727

... on "How I Met Your Mother"?

The scruffy one on the far right.

I say it's a Portugeese Podengo, my friend says it's a Berger Picard. Neither of us really know what we're talking about so it's likely we're both wrong, LOL. Also I think I've seen the dog in a commercial lately but I can't remember what the commercial is for and of course I haven't seen it again.

And of course I can't find any other pictures. Any fans of the show know the breed??

lizzybeth727

...I would have guessed scruffy mutt lol
Of course that's possible...

We got on this subject, though, because my friend knew of a director who wanted a "mutt-looking" dog, but he needed more than one that looked alike to make the filming easier... So he used berger picards.

Though these dogs are only in one or two scenes every season... still, I wouldn't be suprised it it was a purebred something.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Yeah looks like a Podengo to me. They very often seem to use podengos to play mutts on tv.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
It is a podengo (translated from danish)

The wiry middle variant is probably the race that has been used most in movies in recent times and most often without knowing it's a race and not a mixed dog. Films include include films like 'Three Wishes' with Patrick Swayze, "Zeus and Roxanne, '' Soccer Dog, '' Second Hand Lions, '' Dante's Peak" with Pierce Brosnan, 'The Lake House "with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock,' Can of Worms, '' Monster in Law 'and' Homeward Bound 2 ', like the TV show' How I Met Your Mother 'and' Deadwood. '
The first recorded Grafting Compensation in the U.S., these wiry middle of which was used in movies. It was the bitch Rosa de Veiros and her "land men" Tito the Veiros and Nikki the Veiros. These dogs were beginning to breed inUSA.

http://www.podengo.mono.net/9541/Podengo i film

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
There was a medio in Homeward Bound 2 (this is the first one I ever remember seeing):
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1101371648/tt0116552

There's also one in Secondhand Lions.

The Lake House:

And according to wiki:
They are an enthusiastic, trainable dog. This led them to star in a number of movies in the 1990s and 2000s, including Dante's Peak, Three Wishes, Homeward Bound II: Lost in San Francisco, Zeus and Roxanne, Secondhand Lions, Can of Worms and Soccer Dog: The Movie.

lizzybeth727

It is a podengo (translated from danish)

The wiry middle variant is probably the race that has been used most in movies in recent times and most often without knowing it's a race and not a mixed dog. Films include include films like 'Three Wishes' with Patrick Swayze, "Zeus and Roxanne, '' Soccer Dog, '' Second Hand Lions, '' Dante's Peak" with Pierce Brosnan, 'The Lake House "with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock,' Can of Worms, '' Monster in Law 'and' Homeward Bound 2 ', like the TV show' How I Met Your Mother 'and' Deadwood. '
The first recorded Grafting Compensation in the U.S., these wiry middle of which was used in movies. It was the bitch Rosa de Veiros and her "land men" Tito the Veiros and Nikki the Veiros. These dogs were beginning to breed inUSA.

http://www.podengo.mono.net/9541/Podengo i film
SCORE!!!

:banana:

Thank you!!

lizzybeth727

^Thats what it reminds me of as well. It almost looks like that dog in the one commercial whos got his butt hanging out the window instead of his head.
Yes! That was the commercial I was trying to remember!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtVkI8ddLCg

I originally thought it was the same dog that was on the TV show, but it now that I'm looking closely it's clearly a different dog. Same breed, though, I think. :)

Members online

No members online now.