A speed paint in progress

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
It'll probably end up not being too terribly 'speedy' per say but I watched some people speed paint on the computer and decided I wanted to do something kind of like that only in traditional media (I enjoy it much more than computer work as far actually doing the work). No tedious outlines or anything, just GO. So last night I painted out this in 10 mins. I'm going to keep at it hopefully a bit a day.

I am VERY well aware there's a LOT wrong with it, but that's part of the fun, right? Keep it loose and rework it if need be.

So 10 minute mark:

I have no idea what the end product will be lol. I'm taking kind of a leap posting something in this early of a stage lol.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I think that's fantastic--I actually prefer to do work without too much set up--just do it! Can't wait to see more!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Thanks guys. We're at the 40 minute mark. I'm not really sure what I'm doing at all. I went into this wanting to do at least semi-realism but as you can tell, I threw that out- LOL! So just kind of going with it. Hopefully... :lol-sign:

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
1:10 minutes.

Snack and dogpark break lol. I need to do homework too. Might not get back to it till tomorrow. :(

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I am having a bit of trouble with the quantity of blue. I am seeing that before I register your image. It would imho be more striking it if were toned down or even shifted into softer hues. Rawk on with your speedy work. It has a freshness to it that flows and does not look overworked or under worked.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Been trying to figure out what's wrong with the face, so I redlined myself. Green line needs to become the red line.

I may do another 30 mins tonight.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
1:40 There's a glare on the head because it's night and I had to use a flash (and it was still wet there)

:p

xpaeanx

oh wow, Laur it's awesome!

I would have hung up any version you put here! i think they're ALL fantastic!!!

You have amazing talent!

Members online

No members online now.