Dog Ice-Cream

13ear

Hey dog lovers out there,

I am starting a dog ice-cream business that uses soymilk and lactose free milk made especially for dogs. The ice-cream will also have vitamin and mineral supplements to help dogs grow strong. The main flavors to start will be chocolate (its actually 100% safe carob powder not chocolate) and vanilla, but I was wondering what other flavors dogs like. My dog loves to eat carrots so I was thinking of making a carrot flavored ice-cream. Any flavor ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys,
13ear

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Wouldn't buy my dog ice cream. If I'm having some and it's not straight up chocolate I usually share what I'm having with my dogs.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
We have the same product here. Rosey loves it, but not as much as the real thing LOL

ETA: Just to add that I don't even buy it anymore. There's really no reason to for me

My parents give their dog "Rice Dream" ice cream every evening. Their dog ALWAYS knows when it's ice cream time lol. He LOVES it. So I think it's a good idea..... but I'm guessing it'll be too overpriced for me to buy.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
We already have dog ice cream here, you can buy it @ the supermarket as well at petstores

its a fun idea.. but I dont usually buy it, it makes such a amess

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Oh and peanut butter is a cute flavor idea

cheese and hotdog flavor would be a favorite here.. but that would probably look gross lol

JessLough

Love My Mutt
We already have dog ice cream here, you can buy it @ the supermarket as well at petstores

its a fun idea.. but I dont usually buy it, it makes such a amess
Yah you can buy it at the grocery store here, don't think they have it at pet stores though. It really isn't messy, cause they come in their own cups... well, atleast here it wasn't lol

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
My guys didn't fair well after frosty paws.. Only 'dog made' one I've tried, and the ingredients are pretty mediocre. Every dog we took to woofstock that trip either puked, or had liquid poop the next 24 hours. Ugh.

BostonBanker

I've stopped feeding Frosty Paws in favor of Yoghund, which is so amazing smelling that I get jealous feeding it to my dog, and which has ingredients that don't scare me at all. It's not a regular treat or anything, just a fun thing to give her that she loves once in a while. A box of four lasts a month or more for me.

13ear

"
Ingredients:

WATER, DRIED WHEY, SOY FLOUR, ANIMAL FAT (PRESERVED WITH BHA AND BHT), DRIED WHEY PRODUCT, DRIED WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, VEGETABLE FAT, SOY LECITHIN, MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE, MONO-DIGLYCERIDES, CARBOXYMETHYLCELLULOSE, POLYSORBATE 80, POLYSORBATE 60, CALCIUM CARBONATE, CHOLINE CHLORIDE, FERROUS SULFATE, ZINC SULFATE, MANGANESE SULFATE, MAGNESIUM OXIDE, SILICON DIOXIDE, VITAMIN A SUPPLEMENT, VITAMIN E SUPPLEMENT, NIACIN SUPPLEMENT, COPPER SULFATE, CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE, RIBOFLAVIN SUPPLEMENT, POTASSIUM IODIDE, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, VITAMIN D3 SUPPLEMENT, VITAMIN B12 SUPPLEMENT, AND FOLIC ACID. "

Thats probably why. The ingredients in frosty paws sound terrible. My ice-cream is made with suger, soymilk, lactose free milk, vanilla flour and eggs. Thats it.

Rncweb

I used to feed my dogs Frosty Paws, but I can't find it anymore. That was before I started reading ingredients. Now I probably wouldn't buy it seeing what the ingredients are. (Although, some regular ice cream has some awful ingredients too).

For flavors how about peanut butter cup, strawberry, blueberry, banana, or raspberry. My little yorkie loved raspberries. He used to pick the low hanging ones right off the bush. and he would gobble up the ones that fell on the ground.

Members online

No members online now.