Yay Success at last!

Kayla

Well after spending two weeks of calling the SPCA in my area about a white american shepherd who is kept outdoor 24/7 with a half assed shelter the dog can bearly squueze itself into and a bowl of frozen water ( as it's rather cold up here in the winter) and complaining asking them to please do something about it my message got through. Over the last few weeks the average temp has been -11 to -20 then this week we've had a cold front and it's been -30 during the day and at night sometimes close to -34, while walking Duke last night with his new coat on and having myself bundled up in 4 layers I noticed the poor guy was still outside crying and pacing at the fence.

Fusterated I called both animal control and the SPCA leaving messages as it was their after hour time but they said an on call officer would recieve it. I went on my normal walk and decided I would swing back by the yard on my way home to see if he was in. I've already tried talking to the man but he speaks no english so I didn't have much luck, anyhow on the way back I was dismayed to see he was still outside, this was an hour after I originally called. I then called again and left another message begging them to please come do something and then had to go inside as we were both frozen.

This morning when I took Duke out he wasn't outside and tonight he was inside again so I'm hoping it was because the SPCA finally came and fined him and talked some sense into him. Going to check the local pound to incase they comfinscated him and see if he needs a foster home as the poor guy deserves it plus he already knows me as I go to pet him everyday through the fence.

Kayla

Last edited:

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm so glad your persistence paid off and the dog is out of the cold. He needs a loving and warm home.

Members online

No members online now.