Chekhov and I completed our first agility show

Cardi4851

I think I am even more addicted. We did a local CPE event since I knew it would be smaller and indoors, and we could leave and drive home easily if things didn't go well. We did two runs the first day, a Standard run and Wildcard. We qualified in both and got first place. The next day we had four runs, Standard again (qualified and first place), colors (qualified, second place- I forgot the course for a second :p) and we tried Jumpers, which didn't happen. My boyfriend, who was very patient all weekend with the dog stuff but was really ready to leave by then started taking our stuff out to the car while we were waiting to run. Chekhov saw Matt leave, and was very upset, saw him come back and seemed to be ok. Well when it was our time to run he jumped the first jump, ran right up to the wooden rail looking for Matt, saw him, and then bolted out of the ring, past about 20 people, right to Matt. Came happily strutting back like "look what I found! Let's do this agility thing now!" He was crushed when he realized we weren't going to do anymore agility and that we were leaving. I am hoping he associated the getting in the car and leaving with the bolting off the course. Either way, I'm very happy with the little stinker, we definitely learned that Matt needs to stay out of the picture/can't leave right before a run.

Oh yeah, and the little guy managed to earn two titles CL1-R and CL1-H. :D

Here are two videos of our first two runs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwqdSAOt84g and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6EzQIuLXqQ&feature=endscreen

And photos of him showing off his ribbons:

"Majestic" Chekhov:

"It's hard being this awesome"

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
Congratulations! I love cardigans, and Chekhov only makes me love them more. :) I'm hoping to do some agility with Cali, so I love hearing about everyone and their dogs at trials.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Congrats!!! He's such a cutie, and he was clearly having a blast in the vids! Keeva sends him crazy cardi love!

Cardi4851

Thanks everyone! Chekhov just turned 18 months on Saturday, so I am looking forward to seeing how he matures.

Congrats!!! He's such a cutie, and he was clearly having a blast in the vids! Keeva sends him crazy cardi love!
Yay for Cardigans and crazy cardi love!

Awesome! Eden just finished her first trial two weekends ago - it's so addicting and fun! :)
That's great! By the ways, I was reading Eden's blog, and her sire is Chekhov's grandsire!

FG167

That's great! By the ways, I was reading Eden's blog, and her sire is Chekhov's grandsire!
That's awesome! I think he looks more like my fiance's dog, Poppy, they have *very* similar heads! Poppy is Eden's half-sister through the father so she would be related too :)

Members online