Litter box issues?

So, in the last couple days, my cat has suddenly started peeing in my mom's bedroom. The entire time I've had her, she's never had an accident EVER. We moved last weekend into the house, and got two dogs. We set her up with her own room that the dogs can't get to. We've tried to keep her routine the same as much as possible.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Barb04

Super Moderator
First, where was her little box in your old home?
Second, did you just get 2 dogs and the cat has never been around them before?

I would say that the cat needs time to adjust to the new surroundings including the dogs. If she doesn't start using the litter box soon, maybe bring her to the vet for a checkup. I know when cats get a UTI, they sometimes will do this. They will also do this when under stress.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I second check for the UTI. Shortly after Apollo was old enough to run around like a crazy person, Pheobe (my mom's cat) started peeing on the floor. My dad thought it was due to Apollo (although he was looking for any excuse to get rid of him at that point), but I made mom take Pheobe in to the vet to get her urine checked and sure enough she had a HORRIBLE UTI. It had been festering for quite awhile, and either Apollo tipped the scale and made her just not able to cope with it, or she would have started peeing on the floor anyways and it was just a coincidence. After being on meds, she's back to normal (and Apollo hasn't adversely affected her, although she has lost weight - but this is good because she was getting chunky!).

Members online

No members online now.