Feel good rescue story!

Amstaffer

This morning when I was coming in the back door at work (I work at an inner city high school in Milwaukee) another teacher opens up the door and chases out the cutest like Staffy Bull Terrier mix I have ever seen.

Some other teachers were scared to death and yelling "OMG its a Pit Bull" but It was 85% Staffy BT (The Face was all Staffy). About 2 years old max. She came running right up to me and was super friendly. She even came when I called her.

I didn't want to leave her wandering around so I took her to my car and I finally decided to take her to Police Dept to see what they suggested. Nobody in the area was looking for a dog and I didn't have the facilities to keep her myself.

When I took here to the Police station they were going to call Animal Control, which worried me because most Bullies of any kind end up being put down there. Just as the officer at the desk was filling out the form a 3rd shift officer was coming out (She was real nice) and heard us talking about the dog.

She decided to take the dog home and said if the owner doesn't turn up she was going to keep her. I doubt that anyone was even looking though.

I really got the feeling the dog got lucky and is going to a great home. The officer seemed to really like dogs and I think it will be a great deal for both the dog and human.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
That's a nice story.

I have one to tell too: A while ago an adopter came to FOHA and told us that he saw a pit bull running around on the street so he stopped and picked her up and took her to a nearby vets because he couldn't take her home. He paid one night of boarding fees for the dog and then next day somebody came into the vet's office with a lost pit flyer and it was that dog's picture! The owners were overjoyed to have their dog back. :)

Amstaffer

I am going to get her number so I can get updates and I'll share them with you guys.

She is just such a sweet dog.

Members online