Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
And, go!

Nickname/Preferred name:
Interests:
Favorite music:
Favorite book:
Favorite quote:
Random fact:

Put up pictures of yourself and your dogs of course!!

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Nickname/Preferred name: Meagan.
Occupation: P.A. of Office/Rep Dispatch Manager at Macks Fire Protection.
About your dog(s): Harlow, 3 in June, Boxer. Rider, 2-3?, ACDxBC?, Rescue.
Interests: Dogs, Horses and Cattle, Reading, Tattoos&Piercings.
Favorite music: Old country. Chris LeDoux <3.
Favorite book: Uhm, no favorites really. I like Jodi Picoult. Romance and mystery.
Favorite quote: "Run and hide your crazy, and start actin' like a lady" -Miranda Lambert.
Random fact: I'm quite short... Last I checked, not even 4'11". DH, Josh, is 6'1". My foot is the size of his hand.

kaykay21

herder brain & drool face
Nickname/Preferred name:kaykay or kris either works
About your dog(s):jayson 2yr old lab/tiny bit of chessie, laika 1 in august dinosaur hybrid
Interests:animals music
Favorite music:all types
Favorite book:harry potter, hunger games, and twilight seris
Favorite quote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe: - Albert Einstein
Random fact:im much more interested in my pets then having a social life

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Nickname/Preferred name: Dakotah or y'all can call me Dak or Kotah
About your dog(s): No dog but a cat. He is a 5 yr old grey tabby. I love him and miss him to bits. Sadly he has to live with my mom due to Mickey's hating cats issue.
Interests: Horses, Auburn Tigers, Military, shooting guns, shopping, eyeshadow, watching movies, listening to music, reading documentaries, writing in my Happy Book (thanks a million times for this idea Fran), discussing politics with my dad (that's fun to), oh I could go on and on.
Favorite music: I am open to anything. My Spotify has everything from Karmin to Tyga to Frank Sinatra to Tim McGraw to Waka Flocka Flame to Aries Spears to Kesha to The Band Perry, etc.
Favorite book: Band Of Sisters, The Most Dangerous Game, and Holes
Favorite quote: I have way to many but this is my most recent - "When you wake up in the morning you have 2 choices... Go back to sleep and dream your dreams or wake up and chase those dreams."
Random fact: I am watching Jurassic Park 2 right now. The Jurassic Park series is one of my favorite movies of all time. Along with Saving Private Ryan, Black Hawk Down, Real Steel, The X-Men movies, Resident Evil movies, He's Just Not That Into You, The Lucky One, pretty much any B movie on Syfy, and so many more. I LOVE movies.

I really don't have any recent pictures of me so this one will have to do. Not old but not new either.

Oh and Peanut :) Happy kitty!

And Mickey aka Little Legs (sorry its really dark)

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I'll play :p

Nickname/Preferred name: Jessie
About your dog(s):
Rylie: 7 year old short coat chihuahua
Chloe: 6 year old short coat chihuahua
Tucker: 4 year old long coat chihuahua
Emma: 3 (today!) year old long coat chihuahua
Rory: 3 year old border collie
Interests: Dogs (duh!), photography, painting, traveling, writing, hiking
Favorite music: Many types, excluding country and rap
Favorite book: Pet Sematary by Stephen King
Favorite quote: There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
Random fact: I almost lost one of my toes when I was 6, and it had to be reattached. I have no feeling in the bottom of it! Is that random enough? :rofl1:

Me and my BFF:

DSC_9547.jpg by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Thank you!!! I can't believe my puppy is 3 years old already :yikes:

I'll have pictures up tonight- I'm picking up her cake this afternoon and we're having our little party tonight :D
Aw that is adorable <3
I can't believe she is 3 either. Its like only yesterday she was a wee little tiny puppy!

Kootenay

Nickname/Preferred name: Brynne (pronounced like Brin)

Occupation: I am self employed, I run an in-home dog care business and am also a certified dog trainer, so I do some training but more on the side

About your dog(s): I have two boys - Jasper is a 4 year old Rough Collie, and Yarrow who's an almost-one-year-old Alaskan Noble Companion Dog

Interests: Dogs!! All other animals too, I have 2 horses and cats and chickens and grew up on a farm with dairy goats. I LOVE to read! Photography, the great outdoors - hiking/biking/horseriding/running etc, dancing, music, arts and crafting when I'm in the mood.

Favorite music: I have very diverse taste, mostly I listen to alternative rock/folk (don't even know what to call it). I like electronic music, I love to go out dancing. I grew up playing classical violin so I like me some classical music as well. Anything goes really, though I don't love country or hip hop.

Favorite book: I have WAY TOO MANY! My favourite series is the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, very closely followed by Kushiel's Legacy series by Jacqueline Carey. I have millions of others on my list, too...

Random fact: I homeschooled for my entire life!

Pictures! Me and both my boys (Yarrow was much younger and smaller here)

Yarrow and me up on the mountain

My pretty boy Emir (Straight Egyptian Arab)

Me and Django the Bengal

Just me

thehoundgirl

Nickname/Preferred name: Krista
About your dog(s): Buster: 9 year old Coonhound, Rudy: 4 and half year old Airedale Terrier Mix, & Dixie: 3 year old Schnauzer mix.
Interests: Dogs, Cats, Horses, Dolphins, ZUMBA, watching movies, etc.
Favorite music: Hip Hop, Pop, songs of today really.. lol.
Favorite book: I don't really have a favorite.
Favorite quote: “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.†- Christian D. Larson
Random fact: Um, I'm not sure if there's a random fact about me that I can think of that anyone doesn't know. :lol-sign:

I only have a recent pic of me and Dixie!

milos_mommy

Nickname/Preferred name: Alex, I'm usually MM or Milos on here.
Occupation: Student, Dog Sitter/Trainer/Walker, Personal Assistant, Financial Services Secretary, Whatever-they-need for local dog rescue.
About your dog(s): Milo, 7 year old JRT (mix?)/Benji, 7 year old Wheaton Terrier.
Interests: Dogs (everything from grooming to genetics to pop culture), literature, film, art, parenting, music, local events, cooking, traveling.
Favorite music: I can't pick one. I listen a lot of folk rock (no, NOT like Mumford & Sons) & alternative rock, lots of hip hop & rap, and stuff like zydeco, Celtic folk.
Favorite book: Crime & Punishment OR The Poisonwood Bible OR Fight Club.
Favorite quote: “Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that." by MLK.
Random fact: The older I get the more "boring office jobs" seem really interesting.

I'll add a picture later! I don't have many good recent ones.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Nickname/Preferred name: Lauren

About your dog(s):

Chloe is a 7 year old (8 on Valentines day, wow..) Dachshund/Chihuahua shelter dog. She is my true heart dog. I love her with everything that I am. She is sweet and silly and makes me smile.

Violet is a 2 year old Siberian Husky. She is from the same breeder that my previous Sibe, Holly was from. Holly was the closest thing I had to a heart dog before Chloe. There is still a huge hole in my heart that was left when we lost her and Violet can never fill that, but she has her own (just as big and special) place in my heart. She is not nor will she ever be Holly, but she has her own special qualities that I love and she does have little things that remind me of Holly that tug on my heart strings and makes me love her even more. :)

Chloe and Violet

Interests: Music, Pets, Books, Art, Photography

Favorite music: Justin Bieber, Maroon 5, Panic at the Disco, Fall Out Boy (and too many more to name)

Favorite book: Twilight books, Hunger Games books, and way too many to mention. I'm reading Peter Pan right now and I love it.

Favorite quote: "You can't fly unless you let yourself fall."

Random fact: My sister is nearly 5 years younger than me but people think we are twins all the time. She is my best friend. :)

Me:

Lol I love how Chloe's in the background like "What are you doing?"

My Sister and I:

Keechak

Aussie Obssessed
Nickname/Preferred name: Keechak Real name, Erin
About your dog(s): their awesome and everything else is in my signature
Interests: Dogs
Favorite music: lots
Favorite book: Too many, but a few to name, The Sight, Winterdance, Wolf-Woman, I Rode a Horse of Milk-White Jade.
Favorite quote: none
Random fact: I'm very odd

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Nickname/Preferred name: Fran
About your dog(s):
Merlin He is a 4 month old Australian shepherd. He likes tennis balls, treats of all kinds, food of all kinds, jumping, running, chasing geese, and taking naps. He is sweet and kind and funny and odd and bouncy and just..perfect lol most of the time.

Interests: Books, movies, running, the internet!, dogs of course, poetry, quotes, tv shows (mostly BBC shows that inevitably get canceled), nature documentaries
Mostly books. I will find a subject I love and read EVERYTHING all at once like a crazy person. I love reading

Favorite music: Anything that makes me feel something/goes with my mood. I love classical..I also hold a special spot in my heart for movie scores (the how to train your dragon & lady in the water film scores are my personal favorites)
I also love cheesy pop music. Taylor swift, owl city, bowling for soup, etc...
my ipod is a mishmash of basically everything. I love spotify!

Favorite book: complicated question lol

Favorite nostalgia close to my heart forever books? The harry potter series, naturally. I read them as a child and they were my gateway drug into my love of reading
Also, his dark materials (northern lights, amber spyglass, subtle knife)
and the giver! one of the most under appreciated young adult books IMO read it when I was younger and HATED IT. Re-read it as an adult and absolutely adored it.

Favorite books in general?
- Stardust
- Rebecca
- Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy
- Lord of the Rings
- Pride and Prejudice
- Survivor (Chuck P.)
-The book thief

Favorite quote:
" The problem, often not discovered until late in life, is that when you look for things in life like love, meaning, motivation, it implies they are sitting behind a tree or under a rock. The most successful people in life recognize, that in life they create their own love, they manufacture their own meaning, they generate their own motivation.
For me, I am driven by two main philosophies, know more today about the world than I knew yesterday. And lessen the suffering of others. You’d be surprised how far that gets you. -" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone who terrifies you is sixty-five percent water.
And everyone you love is made of stardust, and I know sometimes
you cannot even breathe deeply, and
the night sky is no home, and
you have cried yourself to sleep enough times
that you are down to your last two percent, but
nothing is infinite,
not even loss.
You are made of the sea and the stars, and one day
you are going to find yourself again.

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.â€
Roald Dahl

Random fact: I cry every time I finish a novel. Even happy books, even sad books, even books I didn't really love.. the ending of it all just gets to me. You kind of immerse yourself in this world for a while and meet all these people and experience all these things and once it's over I just can't handle it lol so I usually cry.

me in paris.

and london

and back home w/Merlin

DJEtzel

Nickname/Preferred name: Danielle
Occupation: Self employed running a dog collar/leash/harness business & part time receptionist at a large dog park
About your dog(s): ALL BOYS. Military themed names, Frag the 3y/o GSD, Sir the 2y/o Pit and Recon the 6m/o Border Collie
Interests: Photography, video games, anti-government/politic videos, prepping, dog sports.
Favorite music: A little country, a little rock
Favorite book: Freakonomics
Favorite quote: "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" -- Mario Andretti
Random fact: I got a new car Monday and love it! :) Ford Freestyle with all the bells and whistles. My old car (Saturn Vue) was a POS.

Here are pictures of me and the doogies.

7 weeks old!

8 months old!

3rd place in a dock diving competition

CGC WIN!

Two days home with me from the pound

Big baby

Best business partner EVER

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
Since I'm new, I figured I'd play!

Nickname/Preferred name: Yvonne

Occupation: Photog/ supervise the local pool on weekends because of some crazy situations that happened there aha

About your dog(s): Penny, the almost-7 month old Vizsla& Squirt, the 19yr old Yorkie mix. They are vastly different and I love them both. Squirt lives with my parents because the stress of Penny just wasn't fair to him. 19 is a little old to be getting a sibling. Especially when you have PTSD because you had to get plates put in your skull from a pitbull& a fox got the right side of your face. Poor old boy.

Interests: Lots, I guess. I like long drives, running, swimming, biking& eating junk. I also love basketball& especially the LA Lakers. I'm sure I love lots of other things too, I just can't think of them right now aha

Favorite music: Ahh I like Joel Plaskett& John Mayer but music isn't really my thing.. I'd rather listen to people talk than sing.

Favorite book: I loved the Guests of War trilogy, easily the best YA books. Anything by Paulo Coelho but especially Veronika Decides to Die. Fabulous book that everyone should read!

Favorite quote: Your memory is a monster; you forget - it doesn't. It simply files things away. It keeps things for you, or hides things from you - and summons them to your recall with a will of its own. You think you have a memory; but it has you -John Irving

Random fact: I swim on a Masters team.

This is my beautiful Penny& I when she was 3 months old ..oh, how fast puppies grow!

Me with my old stinker, Squirt. I promise he really does love me ..he just really hates photos! This was about 3yrs ago.. he was a young 16 here!

And just to prove that I do have human friends ;) I also have a boyfriend ..but he's not making the photo cut for this round!

CatStina

SBT Lover!!
Nickname/Preferred name: Christina
About your dog(s): I have a Staffordshire Bull Terrier named Saxon and he is in training to be my Service Dog.
Interests: Drawing, painting, photography, hiking (but not really, just being out in the woods, really), animals, other things, too.
Favorite music: Country and Oldies Rock
Favorite book: Cujo
Favorite quote: I'm too drunk to think of a quote right now
Random fact: I am a dual citizen with Finland and the US and I have both an American and a Finnish passport.

I'm going to post this one of me and the OH again, because I love it:

The pets and I:

At my aunt's mökki (summercottage) in Finland:

In my element, lol, at my computer at a cafe:

houlahoops

Nickname/Preferred name: Emmy
Occupation: Well EMT when I'm home, but here at school I work in the bakery
About your dog(s): Well he's imaginary
Interests: I love racing anything (motorcycles, cars, other people), animals, drawing, snowboarding, my guitar...
Favorite music: If I listen to it long enough it grows on me (regardless of what it is...unfortunately). I'm on an Adelita's Way kick most recently
Favorite book: The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, The Illustrated Man, 1984
Favorite quote: "Well I figure quitting is the same as being afraid, and I know for a fact you ain't scared of nothing." - Dad (during a boxing match)
Random fact: One of my legs is longer than the other

Working with my Iraqw host family in Tanzania

Bailey and me last year

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Nickname/Preferred name: Allie
Occupation: Pet nutrition guru + marketing/events manager for two Global Pet Foods locations in Ottawa
About your dog(s): Finnegan's a 4-year old tri-coloured border collie. He's a little bit crazy, a little bit messed up and a little bit rock n' roll and he's my best friend in the world.
Interests: Making stuff out of other stuff. Knitting, crochet, papercraft, origami, model painting, etc etc etc. Also biking, hiking, beer, food, movies, video games, and I'm starting to dabble in running again.
Favorite music: Indie stuff, anthemic stuff, folky stuff.
Favorite book: If I had to pick one? Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash.
Favorite quote: This changes weekly.
Random fact: I own every Godzilla film ever made. Including the garbage 1998 American one.

Basic photo of moi.

Me and little baby Crayon (now adopted!) at one of our store rescue events.

Me with three of Crayon's siblings, Jock, Locker and Recess (all adopted). I hate my job. Seriously. :)

Finnegan & I at Hog's Back falls.

Barrett and I at work.

Members online

No members online now.