Double Coaters

How much of the undercoat does your dog shed at once?

I attacked Buster with a Furminator. It left his outercoat intact, but he actually has no undercoat left. I was a bit surprised that so much of it was loose. You can actually see the skin now, when you part the fur. His back legs, which appear to be regrowing for the winter though, all you see is a bit of fluff under the outercoat. Thick, already.

noodlerubyallie

Sprayin' the spiders
Enough to start a winter coat for Rocket. It's never ending from about February to May, and then starts again the next February.

I can Furminate her all over for about 20 min, then about 10 min later she has more loose.

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
I LOVE the Furminator, lol...

Lacey has a lot of undercoat, the Furminator doesn't get all of it, even though I've used it quite a bit, though it's been chilly a few days and her fur has thickened up.
I ended up using it on Jasper and it looked like we had another dog :yikes: I've never seen so much fur come off one dog in my entire life - then I looked at the furminator website and it's pretty impressive.

Blaze doesnt have a ton. But I bet its due to him being shaved right down a few years ago which probably ruind his coat. and NO I didnt do it, I was away for a few days, and my grandparents thought it would be a great idea for him, since it was summer, I was decestated to say the least when I seen him.

I take him to work and blow dry him after a bath and maybe only get 2 or 3 handfulls if that from him from bathing, blow drying and brushing.

Members online

No members online now.