Help stop the Pit bull breed ban in Ontario! We need your help!

agilitydobemom

agilitydobemom
I have a vitual kennel at ShowDog.com and I was just reading about the pitbull ban it never really struck me until I watched a video then the video brought back a bunch of childhood memories of my dads pitbulls anyways I signed the petition I was #12,somthing and I hope that helps I am also going to post some sites for people to see I will post a new thread so people will be more likely to look at it ;)

Pack Mom

There will be a peaceful demonstration in Ottawa on November 28th to protest Bill 132. This legislation goes well beyond banning breeds and affects everyone.

It broadens the powers of police officers so that they can enter your home WITHOUT A WARRANT on the basis of a complaint from a neighbour and seize your dog. The may also shoot the dog if they feel they are in any danger.

It provides for fines for having a menancing dog but it fails to define menacing.

It fails to include a provision for aggressive behaviour, e.g. a bite, if the dog is provoked. That means that someone can beat or tease the dog unmercifully and if it reacts, you can be fined and your dog ordered put down.

It not only bans Pit Bulls, American Pit Bulls, Staffordshire Bull Terriers and American Staffordshires but anything that looks like one.

If someone accuses you of having one of the banned breeds, you will have to defend yourself in court and try to prove that the dog's lineage. Consequently, if you had for instance a lab/boxer cross that looked pitty, you may have to defend yourself in court. In essence it is reverse onus, i.e. guilty until proven innocent.

There are many provisions in this legislation that many people are not aware of. It assaults all dog owners and their civil liberties.

For more information on the demonstration in Ottawa, please see www.nccpd.org.

Please crosspost widely.

Pack Mom

Bill 132 passed second reading yesterday. However, the Bill has been referred to the Standing Committee on Legislative Assembly. This means that individuals and organizations will have an opportunity to present information and testimony why BSL does not work and present options that are more effective.

Organizations or individuals interested in presenting to the Committee must pre-book their appearance. The name and coordinates for the Committee Clerk is as follows:

Clerk: Douglas Arnott

[email protected]

Tel: (416) 325-3506

Fax: (416) 325-3505

TTY: (416) 325-3538

Those on the list will be contacted when the hearings commence. In addition, public hearings may be scheduled in various locations depending on the numbers in each geographical location.

A

an5gel99

i signed it. it isnt right to ban the breed because of the horrible owners who make them agressive.

I signed it, i hope that it helped!!! :)
I agree, it is probobly the horrible owners that treat them this way, and its not like its all the pitbulls, just a few, LEAVE THEM ALONE PPL! GEESE!!! lol :p

chell78

In Australia the breed is classified as a dangerous dog and all pitty owners have to have a dangerous dog sign on their gate, all dogs need to be muzzled in public and wear a bright dangerous dog collar, the rule STINKS!! I know lots of breeds and some are worse than pitties and i reckon the bred is not the factor here its the way they are trained, I reckon some owners need to be banned! They give good dogs bad names.

Buster

I signed as well. It gets me truly upset when the bully breed are such a point of prejudice. Good luck and let me know anything else I can do.

scob89

DILLIGAF?
I signed it,In my town and almost all the towns around me Pit Bulls are already banned. I was watching over one for one of my freinds and after about two days I got a call from a freind in my town (I live three miles out of town) And he told me that the cops and a animal control officer where comming to where I live to take the Pit Bull away, but they never got it because I was gone with him by the time they came, and I knew that they where going to kill him because we have horrible cops in my area. (I was not aware of the band at the time) There is a picture of the Pit Bull in my gallery, it is the white and brown one.

You know, we may be approaching this the wrong way.

Maybe if these idiots have to see a comparison of which dog breeds REALLY bite most often they'd be forced to look through a different lens.

Maybe if they were inundated with reports of all the times people were bitten by the small breeds as opposed to the large breeds they'd be forced to look at how owners controlled their animals rather than focusing solely on a breed.

It's so obvious that the owners are the problem, not the breeds.

Members online

No members online now.