Bamm's Reactivity training today...

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Ok... between me, Cristy and Stef we can prob get out everything that happened today. I am going to leave some bits of the story out that way Cristy and Stef can add some stuff. Bamm did a really good job. We didn't get to the point where Daisy and Bamm could meet without Bamm exploding though. That's ok. We'll continue to work and make progress.

Bamm did get pretty close though. At first Cristy was walking up towards Bamm with Daisy and Bamm flipped out. We decided to try with Bamm walking towards Daisy. He was a little more ok with that. I'd have him walk a few steps toward her, lay and click/treat. We got probably about 10 feet from Daisy without Bamm reacting. If she looked him in the eye he would get pretty upset though. He received lots of praise.

We ended up having to take a little break since Bamm started getting over stimulated. I'm proud of him though. He may not be at the point where he's ready to greet Daisy, but he's definitely making some progress.

We ended up going to Milwaukee Frozen Custard afterwards. For those that are doing the Chaz weight loss challenge just pretend you didn't read that part. Anyways, Bamm didn't come with us though.

We met up with Cristy's mom and her mom took Daisy home. Then we went back to my place and took Bamm out on the long lead to play. There's a field near my house and I have a 24 foot lead that Bamm can play on. He goes nuts when it's time to play.

Ok Stef and Cristy... fill in the gaps.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I think... I think I may have heard a noise outside... I think they coming

Mom go check noise plz

hehe I knew Stef come see me... we friends

Stef drew a deranged drawing of Bamm with chalk at the tennis court

*more*

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Make strange Goober kitty stop staring at me k thx

Haha I think kitty farted... hehe

I take nap after strange dog kept coming near me... long day (Daisy is an amazing dog by the way)

I apologize that my pics aren't great. My camera phone was what I had on hand.

Also... there's no pics of Bamm with Daisy. I wanted to put more focus into training and less focus on taking fun pics.

cinmo7

I think it's really fantastic the way you ALL are working together to help Bamm. Were cheering for you Bamm.

milos_mommy

I wish my deranged drawings look that good.

And i totally thought Daisy was little like Benji...don't know why. Glad Bammers did good.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Our little outing was good for Daisy' socialization. A cute little girl, maybe four years old, fed Daisy a piece of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Daisy was very gentle and she sniffed that little girl all over. Daisy is fascinated by little children since she doesn't meet many of them.

But Bamm did well. He seemed to have an issue with Daisy looking at him in general, lol. I am always impressed by all the stuff Amber has taught him. Bamm is both trainable AND smart! :)

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
But Bamm did well. He seemed to have an issue with Daisy looking at him in general, lol. I am always impressed by all the stuff Amber has taught him. Bamm is both trainable AND smart! :)
Thanks... haha I think he just likes to show off for you two when you guys come over. He's so much fun to train though because he truly enjoys learning new things.

Wasn't it so cute when he was trying to roll all over the place in the field with the big stick in his mouth? hahaha I can never get over how darn cute he is.

Members online

No members online now.