Bed...

Fran27

Boris pulled me a new one this morning. I went to take a nap (I can't sleep enough as Tips barks every morning at 7am), Tips crated and Boris free as usual. I pushed the cat that was there, and lied down, and two seconds later Boris lied down next to me! He's not allowed to be there, he always sleeps on the floor.

So, anyway, I told him to get off, he looked at me like 'what do you want? I'm fine here!'. The only way I got him to get off was to go in the other room to get a treat, then he followed me.

The thing is, he did it again after that, and again. I had to use the spray bottle the third time while I was climbing, which worked. It seems the spray bottle is the only thing that works with him (Tips love it though).

So... Any suggestion? I'm not too fond of using the spray bottle, even if it's the only thing that works for lots of things, so if anyone has another idea to move a 70 lbs dog from the bed, please share :) I refuse to drag him down by the collar, my husband does it when he's really annoyed and I usually get pissed at him when he does.

bubbatd

Just let him cuddle with you....if the cat can be on bed, he wants to too !

Fran27

I feel bad pushing him lol. And I'm worried he will think I'm playing :rolleyes:

The dogs are not allowed on the bed because the cats go there actually. They don't see us much during the day because we are with the dogs, so it's the only time we have with them. Besides, we're already out of room with 2 cats, I don't want to imagine with a dog (or two).

Sounds like it's time for a little nose to snout chat with Boris ;) It's the one thing that gets through to mine, lol! We have a little talk, up close, and I tell them what I want and why. You have to concentrate on what you want to communicate and be clear in your mind, but you'll be amazed at how well it works . . .

Fran27

Lol Renee. I wish it worked with my boy!

Alysse, Boris has been free in the house for almost 2 months now (he's almost 8 months). Tips isn't, because he's not even 3 months and although he's very good at going outside to pee, he still has accidents (i don't even think he notices, he just walks and leaves a huge pee train on the floor). We also can't really trust him in the house yet, so he sleeps in his crate for now. Believe me, we are looking forward to the day when he doesn't wake us up at 7 anymore, lol. Boris was the same way until we stopped crating him at night. Now he's adorable and quiet until we get up, I can even step on him during the night by mistake and he doesn't care.

The only thing with both free in the house is that I hope we will actually get to sleep and they won't make a tantum playing with each other... But it will be two months at least before we do that anyway.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
at three months old Victor not only had me up..he had me in the car down the street and in the park for a morning hard run..now we languish in bed..being lazy for a few more minutes..his wishes as well as mine..i don't know what he would have done if he had to stay in a crate...he was a pup and needed to burn off that energy first thing.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
when Vic first came we had a real problem with jumping up..and it was suggested that i teach him off..first i took a chair and taught him up..then off..so he would understand what i was aiming at..it worked like a charm...off is a real handly command to teach..and up is kinda fun too..down didn't work because down is well, down all the way and means something entirely different.

Members online

No members online now.