The Venting Thread

darkchild16

We are Home.
Its getting frustrating that the Aspbergers Spouse Support yahoo group I joined is active but has yet to even notice my intro but notices others. I cant say anything on facebook and probably shouldnt post anything here but i have to just rant about the lack of support in the support groups. Its tough and sometimes I jsut want to bitch about how my husband is different and how frustrating it is. (not anything HE specifically does really but the traits he has). I promised not to say anything on FB until he is ready and everything and he doesnt get upset when I tell him X is driving me crazy right now but I KNOW it hurts his feelings and I HATE that but if he keeps it up and I hold it in Im going to explode. Usually if I tell him he stops whatever it is and we talk about it but still UGH. I understand his quirks and what they mean for us and honestly our marriage has never been as strong as it is right now. We sit and talk about how this has affected us over the past few years and brainstorm ways to make things mesh easier with his quirks. *I* have been more relieved I geuss you could say since because all those things I thought he was doing just to drive me nuts isnt stuff hes PURPOSLY doing. It still sucks and there are somethings we dont know how to work out amongst us. We are starting to see a new counselor in a week or two that works with NT/AS couples so that should help alot but I dont want to be like OMFG he pisses me off soooooo much when he does this everytime.

I jsut wish we lived in a better area for Aspergers all around. Getting Morgan his help is proving to be a challenge to find parent support is a challenge. To even get him OFFICIALLY dx'd we have to drive a hour or so to the dr. Which is also where he will be going for therapy.

If I hear "USOFINEUBLOWMAMINDEHMICKAY" so much as one more time I am not responsible for my actions lol.

ACD,

Join the club.

I vacuumed last night at around 2:30 AM (everyone surprisingly slept right through it), ran the dishwasher at 3, and often I will pop things into the wash at all unholy hours of the night. I don't find it fun - I just leave it till it absolutely needs to be attended to lol.

If I hear "USOFINEUBLOWMAMINDEHMICKAY" so much as one more time I am not responsible for my actions lol.

ACD,

Join the club.

I vacuumed last night at around 2:30 AM (everyone surprisingly slept right through it), ran the dishwasher at 3, and often I will pop things into the wash at all unholy hours of the night. I don't find it fun - I just leave it till it absolutely needs to be attended to lol.
You know, I have managed to avoid ever hearing more than a brief line of that song :D

But that was more than enough :eek:

LOL Sorry Renee! I wish I could have avoided that song as well as you have though.

There's a new song that really gets on my nerves as well...it's something very pop/electronic sounding and it has a mention of "monday morning..." in it. Ugh.

Paige

Let it be
Its getting frustrating that the Aspbergers Spouse Support yahoo group I joined is active but has yet to even notice my intro but notices others. I cant say anything on facebook and probably shouldnt post anything here but i have to just rant about the lack of support in the support groups. Its tough and sometimes I jsut want to bitch about how my husband is different and how frustrating it is. (not anything HE specifically does really but the traits he has). I promised not to say anything on FB until he is ready and everything and he doesnt get upset when I tell him X is driving me crazy right now but I KNOW it hurts his feelings and I HATE that but if he keeps it up and I hold it in Im going to explode. Usually if I tell him he stops whatever it is and we talk about it but still UGH. I understand his quirks and what they mean for us and honestly our marriage has never been as strong as it is right now. We sit and talk about how this has affected us over the past few years and brainstorm ways to make things mesh easier with his quirks. *I* have been more relieved I geuss you could say since because all those things I thought he was doing just to drive me nuts isnt stuff hes PURPOSLY doing. It still sucks and there are somethings we dont know how to work out amongst us. We are starting to see a new counselor in a week or two that works with NT/AS couples so that should help alot but I dont want to be like OMFG he pisses me off soooooo much when he does this everytime.

I jsut wish we lived in a better area for Aspergers all around. Getting Morgan his help is proving to be a challenge to find parent support is a challenge. To even get him OFFICIALLY dx'd we have to drive a hour or so to the dr. Which is also where he will be going for therapy.
I truly hope you guys get the help you need so that you can have an easier time. It must really suck living in an area not the most able to help your family's unique needs.

My vent of the day is this. I withdrew from a private forum I've been apart of for years. A thread came up about staying at home with your children. The subject of staying at home on welfare when a single mom came up. Even though its not anyone's business, I know the majority of the posters IN person so I feel pr etty comfortable sharing that I infact do stay at home while on income assistance. Guilt free too. I feel like my son, especially now with being told he is special needs, and with a newborn on the way... I do what I have to so I can stay here with them. Someone disagreed with me doing it and thats fine. I can handle anything critical towards me but then she went on to question if I was self dxing Briggs.

I gracefully bowed out after addressing WHY I was no longer going to participate in that forum anymore. The fact that I've literally poured my heart into it about all my issues with Briggs, talked just yesterday about what was said to me by the doctor... and then to have someone question it was very hurtful. I don't care if you think I should get off my butt and get a job and leave my son with someone else. But to question me on if I even took him to a doctor? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN THE LAST YEAR? Briggs happens to be one of the biggest things discussed in that forum. When it started, a few months after I got pregnant with him. I had people from it at his babyshower. He is affectionately called "the forum baby".

and yeah. It just really hurt my feelings. I am sure I am overreacting but I cant handle trying to understand all of this and the nhave someone already start to question it. I need support right now. Not that.

Taqroy

and yeah. It just really hurt my feelings. I am sure I am overreacting but I cant handle trying to understand all of this and the nhave someone already start to question it. I need support right now. Not that.
((((((((((((((SUPERHUGS))))))))))))))))))) It doesn't matter if you're overreacting. It was hurtful and mean spirited and you're allowed to be upset.

Paige

Let it be
((((((((((((((SUPERHUGS))))))))))))))))))) It doesn't matter if you're overreacting. It was hurtful and mean spirited and you're allowed to be upset.
Yeah it was the way it was said too. Not "Did he get officially diagnosed recently Paige? I must have missed where you said that.". A ever so slight change in the sentence structure can really throw something off. It was said "Did you even get him diagnosed? or are you self diagnosing him?" It was said very clearly he was in quite a few places, but even so tact is a beautiful thing. You can disagree or ask a question without sounding like a total jerk with little to no effort. So why not do that?

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Had an exhausting day yesterday, went to bed early in the hopes of getting a good night's sleep. Instead, I woke up when my roommate came home at 3am and never really got back to sleep. I have a 12 hour day and I'm already super cranky.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I am BEAT but can't sleep. I haven't slept more than a few minutes at a time in a few days and I have no explanation why. We've been super busy so I am physically and mentally exhausted. Today we had co op in the morning and in the afternoon we went on a field trip to a local orchard and market and learned all about making and bottling apple cider and apple butter... from the tree to the shelf.

I am ready to drop but I fear when I go to bed tonight... sleep will evade me once again and tomorrow is a super busy day. The preschool in the morning and co op in the afternoon. I can't afford to be tired lol

My brain just won't shut off... and it's not important stuff either. usually it's a stupid song stuck in my head or some weird thought that has no bearing on my life lol. I don't GET IT!!!!!

Newton's sister Stella may have gotten into some Advil this morning :( Her owner was able to induce vomiting right away and get her to the vet within 20 minutes. She was acting fine but is going to stay overnight at the vet's for observation, and if she did eat any, to make sure there is no kidney, liver, or heart damage. I'll post an update when I have one, but vibes would be appreciated...

I am BEAT but can't sleep. I haven't slept more than a few minutes at a time in a few days and I have no explanation why. We've been super busy so I am physically and mentally exhausted. Today we had co op in the morning and in the afternoon we went on a field trip to a local orchard and market and learned all about making and bottling apple cider and apple butter... from the tree to the shelf.

I am ready to drop but I fear when I go to bed tonight... sleep will evade me once again and tomorrow is a super busy day. The preschool in the morning and co op in the afternoon. I can't afford to be tired lol

My brain just won't shut off... and it's not important stuff either. usually it's a stupid song stuck in my head or some weird thought that has no bearing on my life lol. I don't GET IT!!!!!
Have a drink before you go to bed. Wine would be best, probably, but I know you don't like wine. Maybe a beer. Nothing too strong, just enough to chill a little.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Tired of fighting with people over my house. Tired of nothing being done over there. It's going to be Christmas before I move in at this rate and I'm so pissed.

Lyzelle

Could be from the bleach! lol. Hope it's better now.

p.s. I hate bleach!:eek:
I hate bleach, too. But aggressive cleaning is the best thing for pent up frustrations. At least it's productive. Lol.

And headache is still lingering around, but I think it's because I've only had one coffee and nothing to eat. And I'm trying to budget around DH's video games.

I hate this hobby.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Have a drink before you go to bed. Wine would be best, probably, but I know you don't like wine. Maybe a beer. Nothing too strong, just enough to chill a little.
I have been (not wine though lol) but it isn't working. I can GET to sleep... But I can't stay asleep. I sleep for an hour... Two if I am lucky and then i wake up and drift in and out the rest of the night. Frustrating lol

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Coworker drama. Ugh

I really just need to vent. I try to avoid work related vents but I need a short one today.

I don't understand why coworkers go to their peers when they 1) Hate their job and think it's below them/boring what have you. Not like I can do anything and also it's a well paying job with benefits. 2) If you are said person in #1 and someone gives you something to do, don't act like that job is beneath you or too dull for you to learn. 3) If someone is trying to train you for something, don't sit there and text the whole time and not act interested. 4) If you get a bad review from the manager DON'T come to me and complain about the manager! It makes me feel awkward since I got a good review and I really see no reason to tell coworkers what was said at your review.

I like all my coworkers a lot, don't get me wrong. I just sometimes wonder why they are surprised when things like this happen. The boss is going to find out if you walk around bitching about everything.

Also my work load is going to double for the next month. I don't mind since I'm filling in for my friend with cancer. I'm just stressing that I'll be able to get it all done well.

Members online

No members online now.