My barrel horse is too fat!

cowgurl6254

Herding dogs rock!!!
The vet came out on Saturday to vaccinate my horses and float their teeth. She confirmed my fears that Bleu, my main horse is getting too fat :eek: He normally stays pretty slim but the grass is especially good this year so my poor boy is on a diet! She is afraid if he gains much more weight than he may founder. We definitely don't want that!! Until further notice, my boy is in a stall during the day and let out in a run at night. He's gonna get grumpy but it's for his own good :rolleyes:

~Tucker&Me~

Aww!
I really want a horse and have been doing riding lessons for several years, but the board is too expensive over here :(. $600 a month.

~Tucker

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
Aww poor boy!

get him a crazing muzzle!!!

We used to have one for our pony that foundered a while back so he wouldn't get it worse. (Once they get it, thats it for them but light work or pasture ornament).

They are fabulous!

Tucker - board went up over here as well, at a friends old stable(two barns attached with about 20 stalls in each, plus attached indoor arena, outdoor arena and cross country field) They were charging $250 for it, now its $500+ something.
Its because of the drought and the shortage of hay.

~Tucker&Me~

Ya, it sucks :(.
I have pictures covering my bedroom door of horses I would like to own.
*sigh*
At this rate, I won't be owning unless I OWN the property it stays on. LOL.

~Tucker

Members online