Vibes would be great.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Enzos going in for her spay today. She's almost two and done growing at this point. We would wait a bit longer but I can't deal with another heat. She's only had one, but that was enough for me. Srsly.

Anyway, I'd appreciate good vibes, etc that everything goes smoothly. Thank you.

Doberluv

Sending positive vibes for her to get through this easily and with a quick recovery. Give her an extra cookie for me.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Thanks guys. She didn't even look back when I dropped her off.

I've got a question though, they keep pressuring me to purchase pain medication. I've always been told you can give baby buffered asprin for pain. They're trying to guilt trip me into it saying things like, "well you know you're dog is having an oviarhistorectomy (whatever the spelling is) and that's abdominal surgery."

Yes lady. I know what sex my dog is and what you guys are about to do to her. I was just planning on giving the asprin. Should I get these pain medications?

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
We only got two days worth of pain pills when we got Izzy back but they were included in her spay deposit price. Our cat we made sure to get meds for because she's a spaz ball. If you're planning on giving her something for the pain, don't worry about buying it from them! As long as you're sure about dosage you should be fine.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Thanks everyone. The surgery went fine. She was probably one of the first dogs done today. (We took her to a well known low cost clinic) because she was such a spazzy idiot in the cage. She was pretty well woken up by the time we picked her up. She's still sleepy and they give an injection that's supposed to last 24 hrs for pain. We're going in the morning for asprin since we seem to be out.

She's in a cone and I am documenting the entire thing because as bad as she probably feels we're sadistic people who can't help laughing at her when she bumps into things.

She was supposed the be tattood as proof she'd been spayed but when I looked at her belly I didn't see anything even remotely green. I think they forgot to do that. Should it matter or what?

babymomma

Remembering Casey ♥
Is it on the inside of her ear? (Then again, youd probably have noticed but cant hurt to ask eh? )

Barb04

Super Moderator
I've never had a dog tattoed when spayed. I just have a certificate from the vet who did it.

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
I don't know if they're always green but my cat's was visible very obviously the day we brought her home just above her spay incision. You might want to ask if it's in another location or if they forgot it.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
It was supposed to be on her belly. They've obviously forgotten it. And I'm not taking her back to have it done. I would have preferred that she was tattoo'd, but I'm not putting her through getting one while she's awake.

Members online

No members online now.