Whistle for a Cure Trial: Ranch

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
So we went to our first sheep dog trial today! Justin and I opted not to bring Izzy because there was kennel cough running through the trial dogs and we didn’t want our baby to get sick. The Whistle for a Cure trial was held in Oxford, NC by Robin French to benefit a fellow Sheepdogger Joan who has ovarian cancer.
The first dog I’ve ever seen herd in person!

“Away to meâ€

Herding through the third gate, this was the hardest gate for all the dogs (This was Ranch class)

I think this is Lizmo’s Blaze’s breeder from Fieldstone. She ran the second dog I saw. Her name was either Meg or Mag.

She did freaking awesome and was one of the only dogs to go through the third gate successfully.

Here’s a shot to show you that these weren’t easy sheep, they really didn’t want anything to do with each other which made Meg work for it.

Dogs watching the trial from behind the fence because they were super eager to work.

A senior dog that was watching with all the people because he just didn’t care lol

I don’t know who this was by Fieldstone but I wanted him! ( I think it was a him)

I was seriously in love with this dog

**one more post**

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
The spotted sheep was my favorite!

One of the only rough coats I saw working today

This dog was so heavily ticked she almost looked blue! She had an awesome run except for one sheep not going through the first gate

And finally, an annoying shot because the dog had a great run then the gate caught so it didn’t close before time was called :(

Oh yeah, here’s a corgi that came to watch! The lady in the yellow shirt in the back is Robin :)

That’s all!

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Yay, you got pictures! :D

Yup, that's Christine and Meg. And the dog you feel in love with looks like her Kep. :)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Awesome! Hopefully the next trial I get to go to is a field trial instead of an arena one. It's amazing to watch either way.

Members online

No members online now.