Raw fish

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
So I attempted to add fish into Teagans diet. Did not go so well. She took it from me, gummed it a little, spit it out and decided it smelt good enough to roll in but not to eat.

Since she won't eat her fish would just giving her the salmon oil be ok instead. I am trying to give her as much variety as I can. But it's kinda hard when I have such a freaking picky dog. It's driving me nuts!!!

Or does anyone have any ideas to try and hide the fact that she is indeed eating fish?

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
I used to buy tiny whole smelt and grind them up to mix them into stuff all sneaky like when I fed raw ;)

JacksonsMom

Jackson won't eat ANYTHING fishy... kibble, canned. The only real fish meat he'll eat is salmon if I have some leftover from going out to eat, but that's it.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Mine don't love raw fish. Smudge will eat raw scallops and shrimp if I'm cooking and toss them. If I feel the need for extra fish I sometimes feed sardines packed in water not that it is 'raw'.

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
small chunks slightly frozen or lightly seared in a fry pan to start with worked well for me.

As a raw feeding note I almost always feed new foods outside. They always seem to want to play with it before they eat it.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
Rage did that the first few times I offered her fish (rolled on it and left it on my carpet) - I just kept offering them, and now she eats them. I offer whole, frozen smelt fish (those teeny little guys) that I get from the local Asian market.

Also, I never had a problem getting her to eat canned mackerel, but she refuses fresh fish.

SaraB

small chunks slightly frozen or lightly seared in a fry pan to start with worked well for me.
This.

I lightly sear mine for the dogs that don't like it and gradually reduce the amount I sear it until they are eating it raw. Also, I've had to cut it into suuuuper tiny itty bitty pieces even for the danes. It's like they decided it was too much work to chew it so they would chew a couple times and then spit it out.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
So I decided to be smart and break the smelt into pieces which was easy since it's frozen and Teagan decided it's now the best thing to eat in the world. She will even eat it whole since she now knows it's edible. Yay!!!

naturalfeddogs

love the fluff
So I attempted to add fish into Teagans diet. Did not go so well. She took it from me, gummed it a little, spit it out and decided it smelt good enough to roll in but not to eat.

Since she won't eat her fish would just giving her the salmon oil be ok instead. I am trying to give her as much variety as I can. But it's kinda hard when I have such a freaking picky dog. It's driving me nuts!!!

Or does anyone have any ideas to try and hide the fact that she is indeed eating fish?
Fish oil is fine. Mine won't eat fish either so they get fish oil. Its the only supplement mine get.

Members online