RIP Harry

stafinois

Professional Nerd
This morning we were at the park. It was a beautiful day, about 50 degrees. The birds were chirping. My 3-year-old was picking dandelions, and Harry was fetching his kong like we do every morning.

Suddenly he started gasping and turned blue. We rushed him to the vet. Laryngeal paralysis. He's gone. I can't believe it. He just turned 7 last month. His grandma passed away recently at 16. His mom just entered her first agility trial at 12. I really thought that we had so many more years together. I can't believe this.

Syd (3yo) said goodbye to his body at the vet clinic, but I doubt she gets it. I dropped her off at daycare. I'm sure she will be asking where he is tonight.

I am in total shock. I can't even believe that he's gone.

Hillside

Original Twin
My heart goes out to you. I've seen him grow from a pup on various forums and have always kind of felt like I "knew" him. I know *I* will miss him and I have never even met him. I can't imagine how painful this is for you.

((((((((HUGS))))))))) And keep a few for later, after the shock wears off.

I know it seems like cold comfort, and you would far rather he still be here with you as he would as well, but he was having a wonderful time, and even though his years were short, they were wonderful and full of love and life.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
oh my gosh. I'm so sorry for your loss... and so sudden and unexpected. We're here for you... sending you lots and lots of hugs from me and my gang

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
I just saw this on Paco's facebook and couldn't believe it. I'm so, so sorry for your loss. This is so unfair and much too soon.

RIP Harry

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
That's tragic. My heart goes out to you, it's so hard to lose them so young. ((((HUGS)))) from our gang.

Members online