Conversing with your dog...

mrose_s

BusterLove
sophie can understand english amazingly well.
things like "go on soph, take a run up" and this dog (that doesn't run hardly ever) will just take off and try to jump into a ute that she hasn't even attempted for over 2 years.
or, you will be talking about her, nto saying the word "dog" or "sophie" or "walk" , just referring to the dogs as "them" and she picks up on it . things like that. all the time. she amazes me.

plus, i'm interested in learning "animal communication" where you can have distinct telepathic conversations with animals

mrose_s

BusterLove
my friends give me a hard time when i say "i was talking to buster the other day" but i do talk to him. either just throuhg patting him or such. and i actually just talk out loud to him. he knows ALL my secrets

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I talk to Victor like he is the best friend i know he is. When we are driving down the road i talk to him instead of thinking inside of my head. He gets the biggest kick out of it and tries so hard to give me his full attention. I wish certain children i know would want to hear what i have to say as much as Victor does.

I read somewhere that a wolf has something like 17 different facial expressions. I can't begin to think of what they all would mean, and that would be before we did ear positions or tail. And i also read that when a dog yawns it is a sign of confusion. I thought after working all those years in kennels and spending most of my waking hours in the company of canines that i knew them inside and out. Yet after i read this i observed it is so true! Watching the "real" Horse Whisperer" clued me in to the "mouthing" when content. Both my dogs do that when they are curled up next to me in bed, or when we are being especially affectionate.

Members online

No members online now.