Cell Phone Recommendations-Verizon

Okie-Dokie! I finally managed to kill my old cell phone completely. How it lasted this long I'll never know, it was such a zombie phone. For Christmas though I'll be getting a new phone from my parents but I can't figure out what I want.

I have Verizon and I would like a smart phone. I will not get an Iphone because Apple themselves make me want to stab myself in the eye no matter how much I love their products.

I was looking at the not yet released Google Nexus and I really kinda like it. http://www.google.com/nexus/

But I pretty much just want your suggestions. What phone do you have? Do you like it? Would you recommend it?

I am also drawn to the droids but there seems to be so many of them I don't quite know where to begin.

joce

My boyfriend,cousin,cousins husband, and brother all have this phone

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...t&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=5634

Its great for walking the dogs,feeding horses,boating etc because it lives though anything. still does everything the other phones do and the screen is huge. internet is fast on it and they all love it. The bf goes through phones like mad and hes had this one a while. he even pressure washed it and dropped it in the creek:rolleyes:

I just got an iphone though:cool: Love it for internet browsing but for other stuff not sure yet.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
The Galaxy Nexus is an Android phone. I had the Nexus One prior to my current phone, and I loved it. I currently have an HTC Thunderbolt. I got it when it first came out and it was buggy and extremely annoying, but with several updates it seems to work flawlessly now. The one thing I don't like is Sense. It's annoying and I don't find it at all intuitive. Ever since I downloaded Gingerbread, my battery life has been amazing. I can easily go two days without charging it. Adam had the Samsung Charge, and he hated it. The battery life was terrible and it crashed. A lot.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I've also got the Thunderbolt. I feel very meh about it right now. I do love the screen quite a lot, but I think I want a Motorola Droid 3 when I can upgrade. Or whichever version is out then. :p

If I didn't have an iPhone I'd look seriously at the HTCs, they're getting great reviews from my friends.
Both my sister and I hate out HTCs and definitely regret getting them instead of a Motorola. Horrible battery life, the tactile feedback is iffy and randomly stops working, and one of the recent system updates caused a data leak and I had to do a hard factory reset on my phone. Next time I'm getting a Samsung or Motorola.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Well...my Palm Pixi just survived 15 minutes in a dog water bowl. But it's still a crappy phone. Also, I think the company is out of business now? It's become that piece of crappy technology that technically works but is very "meh", but which just Will. Not. Die.

MicksMom

Both my sister and I hate out HTCs and definitely regret getting them instead of a Motorola. Horrible battery life, the tactile feedback is iffy and randomly stops working, and one of the recent system updates caused a data leak and I had to do a hard factory reset on my phone. Next time I'm getting a Samsung or Motorola.
Somebody I work with just had a similar issue with the updates for her HTC.

Can't help much with recommendations- hubby has an Envy (3, I think), and loves it, but to save money he'll be replacing it soon with something that doesn't require a data package. I've got the orginal Cosmos (and love it)- no data package required there, either.

Taqroy

I have the HTC Evo (but I'm with Sprint so I dunno if it'd be available for you). I adore it and even though I dropped it on the tile floor and spiderwebbed the front of it, it still works great. My mom has the HTC Thunderbolt and she seems to like it but I'm not sure she actually uses it for anything other than making calls. Lol.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
Not sure which HTC phone you have, but for awhile the Thunderbolt sucked. It would restart whenever it pleased, and eat away 10+% of the battery in the process. It works (almost) perfectly now, but it took quite a few updates to get to that point. We've had the opposite experience with Samsung and Motorola Android phones. Adam had the Atrix and the Charge, and ended up hating both. The Charge (Samsung) ended up crashing all. the. time. And it had a minuscule amount of RAM. And he had to buy a second battery to keep with him because the battery life sucked. :eek:

katielou

Slave to the Aussie
Not sure which HTC phone you have, but for awhile the Thunderbolt sucked. It would restart whenever it pleased, and eat away 10+% of the battery in the process. It works (almost) perfectly now, but it took quite a few updates to get to that point. We've had the opposite experience with Samsung and Motorola Android phones. Adam had the Atrix and the Charge, and ended up hating both. The Charge (Samsung) ended up crashing all. the. time. And it had a minuscule amount of RAM. And he had to buy a second battery to keep with him because the battery life sucked. :eek:
Yep i now have the thunderbolt and have had pretty much the same experience as you.

Saeleofu

I have a Samsung Replenish and I LOVE it. But not sure if it's available from Verizon. Mine's done through Kroger, but it's technically Sprint.

dignity

Pyr Pressure
I have the original Droid and have been waiting for the Galaxy Nexus.

If I absolutely positively had to get a phone today - I would get the Droid Razr - that being said, the Galaxy Nexus are already in stock at Best Buy and Verizon retailers, they just are not allowed to sell them. They should be released for sale any day now (speculated day currently is 12/15).

There's a couple of theories on why it's not available everything from an app called My Wallet that Verizon does not wish to have to Verizon trying to sell more Droid devices before releasing Galaxy Nexus with Ice Cream Sandwich on it.

I have the Incredible. My sister and I got our phones late January of this year. With ours, the battery life is awful. My sister keeps a phone charger in her car because she can't make an hour call on her phone without it sucking the battery dry.

My husband has the original Droid that he got a year and a half ago and it's still going strong. The battery is so much better than our and he drops it fairly regularly and it has held up great.

I have an HTC...and HTC HD2...overall I love it besides it being Windows 7 so I don't get all of the Android app options. I would suggest getting a newer Android because their app selection is AWESOME. But mine does have all of the Windows programs and they work perfectly I can open documents right on my phone and do homework on it. The battery life lasts all day I just charge it at night. Mine has a Task Manager like a computer does and if I click on a program it stays running on my phone. I just have to go into the Task Manager and touch End Task and that saves my battery life A LOT. And I use the internet and music and text all day. I just have to remember to go in and close anything in the Task Manager that I am not using. Don't get one of the older versions because they are still a little glitchy. Mine is one of the older versions it's a little glitchy but not too bad...just freaks out every once and a while and I have to take the battery out but then it's all good. I drop it on the floor all the time and it's fine but it has a case on it. No screen cover or protector and it has never got damaged or scratched. iPhones are awesome and I wish I had one but I just bought this one a few months ago so I'll stick with it for a while. Ever since having this phone I don't think I could EVER go back to a 'normal' cell phone :eek: My sister has the inspire and I'd trade her any day. I just think I'd perfer the Android options over Windows 7 :dunno:

Miakoda

I have never owned a quality Samsung. They're the worst brand on the market IMO.

SaraB

I had a HTC Aria and loooooved it. It was a solid, dependable little phone. I honestly wanted to cry the day I upgraded. Now I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and even though I haven't had any problems with it yet, I'm not that impressed by the structural integrity of the phone itself. It's been dropped a couple times and has held together but I prefer metal phones as opposed to the plastic casing of the Galaxy.

Members online

No members online now.