Ysera

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
My cute little crestie is dead. :(

I have no idea how it happened. I misted and fed her last night, and she was climbing about, licking the water droplets... eventually made it to her food bowl, ate, and continued climbing around. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Went to take up her empty food bowl an hour ago, and misted her. She was in the soil in a sleeping position, which didn't make me bat an eyelash, that's normal. Then I looked closer... she was fired red and her pupils were dilated. In the daytime.

Poked her a bit, and she had indeed died, sometime in the night, while sleeping.

I'm upset because it was so sudden and so mysterious. She was so sweet, so friendly, and so so funny to have around. When I thought I had lost her from an escape in May, I was beside myself. Now, I'm numb.

I checked her soil for mites, nothing. It may have been a blockage, but it doesn't seem like it, and I'm not about to necropsy a gecko. I wish I knew.

RIP Ysera. I did my best by you, and you were a **** awesome pet to have. I'll definitely get another crestie in the future, thanks to you. <3

Back when she still had a tail...

This was the colour I found her in today. Ironic, I guess. It was my favorite colour pattern of hers and I so rarely got to see it due to it being her night colour.

RIP girlie.

Dekka

Just try me..
I am sorry Allie, what a nifty looking little pet. Since she was in her sleeping position do you think she just slipped away? I know a few dogs who have been found looking peacefully asleep.

I know so little about geckos other than they are super cute.

((hugs))

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
(((((HUGS))))) Allie. Sweet gecko dreams, Ysera, until you wake again.
I smiled when I read this. She's named after a character in World of Warcraft, Ysera the Emerald Dreamer, the green dragon aspect and leader of the green dragonflight. She is bound to her sleep and watches over the world from her realm, the Emerald Dream.

:)

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I am sorry Allie, what a nifty looking little pet. Since she was in her sleeping position do you think she just slipped away? I know a few dogs who have been found looking peacefully asleep.

I know so little about geckos other than they are super cute.

((hugs))
That's what I hope for. Matt thinks that's the case, as does my friend Allen who owns two cresties. So little is known about crested geckos still, but a few friends have lost seemingly-healthy cresties in their sleep, as well.

If she died in her sleep, which seems to be the case, then I am happy she had a peaceful end at least.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
I smiled when I read this. She's named after a character in World of Warcraft, Ysera the Emerald Dreamer, the green dragon aspect and leader of the green dragonflight. She is bound to her sleep and watches over the world from her realm, the Emerald Dream.

:)
Now that is just beautiful. Again Allie (((((HUGGIES))))) Ysera, sounded like such a sweet girl. RIP pretty girl.

She was such a pretty girl, I know nothing about geckos I never knew that they changed colors.

I am so sorry. :( It's amazing how the littlest creatures get so firmly wrapped around our hearts.

Members online

No members online now.