Introducing Nico

Hillside

Original Twin
Well as many of you know, Murray went to his forever home about a month and a half or so ago. He is with Ryan, my ex, who was Django's daddy. I had had Ryan in mind for Murmur pretty much from the get go, but since Django's passing was still pretty fresh, I hadn't gotten around to asking him about it. So imagine my delight when Ryan called ME and asked if Murray was still a foster. Apparently, he and his wife had been talking about him since I took him home. We did an intro with them and Juno, their merley girly, and everything went very smoothly. The following weekend, he went for a trial weekend. Apparently, trial weekends last for a long time because he is STILL there. In all seriousness, Ryan and Adena fell absolutely in love with him and Juno is happy to have a boy to boss around again. He fit into their family seamlessly.

Around the same time that Murray found his people, my friend's Malinois foster "puppy" was getting returned. He is a year old, already neutered. During the last month and a half or so, I have been visiting him regularly, training, bonding and evaluating him as an addition to my household. The first night I met him, he would whine and search for me when I left the room, but didn't have that reaction for anyone else, nor would he really leave my side, even though he knew everybody else there better than me.
I have had him out in many different settings and environments and nothing yet has phased him. He doesn't freak out about crowds, he isn't reactive to seeing other dogs or people, thunder doesn't bug him, he is an all around solid dog, temperament wise. Saga and he have met and when he got too bratty, she told him off and he took it to heart and gave her all the proper bitch queen worship that she needed. He is good, and calm, in the house, but ready able and willing to work when I ask him to. He LOVES working for me. We have been working on focus a lot and he is REALLY good at it. Like creepy stalker good at it. If he was a man, I would be pretty creeped out and probably get a restraining order. He is going to be an awesome obedience/performance dog with that attitude. We were at my friend's the other night and working on jackpotting him when he would check in with me while off leash. (It was a large, secure yard) It was rather difficult to reward him since he wouldn't leave me ALONE.

In any event, tomorrow is the day he comes home. I'm excited, nervous, etc. I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight!

But you guys don't care about anything I just said, do you? You just want pictures.

Oh ok....if you insist.

Fair warning, he is kind of shifty...

yet, adorable...

but sometimes sassy

yet again, adorable

Seriously, did I mention adorable?

Bailey08

What a cutie! (Am I allowed to say that about a Mal? ;))

Congratulations!

Lizmo

Water Junkie
He is gorgeous!! Between Adrianne, Erin, and now you, I am seriously loving Mals body structure - tiny, fit and trim. This is not good.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
OMG! He is TOO adorable!
I'm totally going to end up with a Mal. . .

monkeys23

He's so cute!!!!

The first night I met him, he would whine and search for me when I left the room, but didn't have that reaction for anyone else, nor would he really leave my side, even though he knew everybody else there better than me.
Lol that is EXACTLY how Scout acted from the moment I met her. I hope this guy isn't a foster 'cause you know you are doomed right? :rofl1:

Hillside

Original Twin
He's so cute!!!!

Lol that is EXACTLY how Scout acted from the moment I met her. I hope this guy isn't a foster 'cause you know you are doomed right? :rofl1:

Oh he isn't a foster, he is a very carefully evaluated and thought about permanent addition. Though initially, I WAS fighting it a little bit, that first night. :rofl1: "Uh Corrie, you know he's YOUR dog already, right?" "NOOOOO!"

Lizmo, I LOVE his size and structure, granted he will fill out a little bit as he matures more, but he is never going to be a bulky dog. I like that he is still kind of portable, yet still big enough to be "solid".

Red.Apricot, he is SOOOOOO much fun already, I can't wait to see how much more fun he is once we have settled into full time.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Congratulations on officially bringing home your little brown dog tomorrow :)

He is a gorgeous boy!

Red.Apricot

Lizmo, I LOVE his size and structure, granted he will fill out a little bit as he matures more, but he is never going to be a bulky dog. I like that he is still kind of portable, yet still big enough to be "solid".

Red.Apricot, he is SOOOOOO much fun already, I can't wait to see how much more fun he is once we have settled into full time.
I know what you mean about size. Elsie's 38lbs right now, but really tall, and it's perfect. She's big enough to look like a 'big' dog, and sound loud and stuff, but small enough to fit basically anywhere. Just right!

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Yaaaay Chaz official! :D You will be keeping us supplied with pictures, right? 'Cause yea not doing so will def get you flamed. ;)

Members online

No members online now.