Non-isolated nutrient dry dog food?

alivale

Hello, first post here :)

I'm looking for a holistic dog food that does not contain any isolated nutrients. Basically, if it lists vitamin d supplement or pantothenate, ascorbic acid, etc. I don't want my dogs to eat it.

I currently give my dogs whole food supplements so I just need something dry that gives them their nutrients from other whole meats and vegetables.

I've done raw and home cooked before but I don't have the time and storage for that now.

Does anyone know of a brand that only does dry whole foods?

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
I really don't, sorry. :/ I like the idea of a dry food that is complete made from whole foods but I don't think it exists or is possible. If you want to do whole foods, you're looking at raw or home cooked which you say is not an option.

I don't really have any suggestions, sorry. Might have just to stick with a high end kibble.

Saeleofu

You could grind raw ahead of time and freeze it in portions. Then even if you forget to that it you can feed it frozen. Grinding only because it's faster for a dog to eat and saves you time there.

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
I have a link. http://www.nrgdogproducts.com/ As far as I know it's the only whole food dog food on the market

Here's an ingredient example

Dehydrated Cooked free range beef, naked oats, wheat germ, eggs, beef liver, carrots, grapefruit, winter squash, broccoli, cranberries, limes, papaya, apple, parsley, garlic, goat milk yogurt, flax seed, cider vinegar, egg shell, olive oil.

I work at a pet food store, and the only brand of dry food that we carry that doesn't contain any added vitamins/minerals is Nature's Logic. They have chicken, lamb, venison, duck/salmon, and beef formulas. We sell a 26 lb bag for around $50-$70, depending on formula, and a 4.4 lb bag for $10-$15, so not super expensive.

http://www.natureslogic.com/products/dp.html

For an example, this is the ingredient listing of their chicken formula:
INGREDIENTS: Chicken Meal, Millet, Chicken Fat, Montmorillonite Clay, Brewers Dried Yeast, Dried Egg Product, Spray Dried Chicken Liver, Pumpkin Seed, Porcine Plasma, Dried Kelp, Cottage Cheese, Alfalfa Meal, Egg Shell Meal, Dried Chicory, Dried Tomato, Almonds, Spray Dried Cod Liver Oil, Dried Apple, Dried Blueberry, Dried Apricot, Dried Carrot, Dried Pumpkin, Dried Cranberry, Dried Broccoli, Dried Spinach, Dried Parsley, Dried Artichoke, Rosemary, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Casei Fermentation Product, Dried Bifidobacterium Bifidium Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus Coagulans Fermentation Product, Dried Pineapple Extract, Dried Aspergillus Niger Fermentation Extract, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Extract, Dried Trichoderma Longibrachtium Fermentation Extract, Mixed Tocopherols.

Members online

No members online now.