Canine Colours

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Anyone heard of it or experienced with it at all?

It's fairly new to Canada but true colours has been around for years (the people version). I'm going to a seminar on it because its cheap and I like seminars and learning about dog stuff so why not.

http://www.caninecolors.com/

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Huh. Reading the descriptions of the colours and what breeds they have with them, the Gold for Simi and the Green for Psyche are sooo spot on, it's creepy. Looks interesting.

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
I'd love to have stuff like this in my area.

I felt as though the Papillons could've easily fallen in the orange category, but I think Cali is a mix of orange and blue. Although I did like how they mentioned doing dog sports in the blue category (which seemed to be the toy dogs and other small breeds) because I think Cali is the only small dog I know in person on a regular basis that isn't deprived of physical or mental stimulation. I'm currently trying to get a friend to sign up her Maltese/Yorkie cross for flyball with me this spring.

ETA: I think I preferred how the guy in the second link posted didn't actually connect particular breeds to the colours, although I think that if you're looking at well-bred dogs from particular lines... making a general statement could be a bit more accurate seeing as how there is quite a bit of variety in a lot of breeds temperament-wise due to either good breeding or bad breeding.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I'd love to have stuff like this in my area.

I felt as though the Papillons could've easily fallen in the orange category, but I think Cali is a mix of orange and blue. Although I did like how they mentioned doing dog sports in the blue category (which seemed to be the toy dogs and other small breeds) because I think Cali is the only small dog I know in person on a regular basis that isn't deprived of physical or mental stimulation. I'm currently trying to get a friend to sign up her Maltese/Yorkie cross for flyball with me this spring.

ETA: I think I preferred how the guy in the second link posted didn't actually connect particular breeds to the colours, although I think that if you're looking at well-bred dogs from particular lines... making a general statement could be a bit more accurate seeing as how there is quite a bit of variety in a lot of breeds temperament-wise due to either good breeding or bad breeding.
The breed guide is just a start. Like if you're looking into breeds that have general characteristics that fit them into the colours and then you can evaluate by individual but with puppies it's tricky. Izzie is blue (19) but close second green (17) and pugs are in blue, my mums pugs were blue too but they were more blue than Izzie.

I'm green myself with gold as a close second and it's definitely freaky to do the group work with other people of your colour and realize that you are all kind of alike in your values and strengths and weaknesses.

Oh god Squash is so orange it hurts.
Maisy is pretty much blue.
Pip is green-ish blue-ish but doesn't fit neatly into any of them.

I've done people colors. Green is the best color. I'm green/orange, which means I am sort of super obnoxious but *I* have a lot of fun.

Marsh is either blue/orange or orange/blue. He actually is physically orange so I'm going with orange/blue.

Members online

No members online now.