Microchip troubles-computer related

Maxy24

Fpr those of you who have microchipped dogs, what company are they registered with?
Does your dog show up when you type his number into these sites? Just wondering if most dogs show up there since Tucker does not.
http://www.petlink.net/
http://www.petmicrochiplookup.org/

Tucker was microchipped by the rescue he came from, when we got him I went to their website and registered him, got a letter in the mail confirming he was registered. His microchip is from 24 Pet Watch (www.24petwatch.com). For the last year I've been trying to change his picture on his profile because it's of him at like 12 weeks old. Each time I try to do it I get a pop up that says the site has become unresponsive, would I like to wait or "kill" the pages. I have clicked both before, nothing happens, so I just exit out. But then whatever browser I was using becomes useless. I try to open a new page and nothing will load, I have to restart the computer. This is why i'm on Internet Explorer at the moment. Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone else uses this company and if so can you edit your info and dog's picture without it causing an issue?

swabby

Fpr those of you who have microchipped dogs, what company are they registered with?
Does your dog show up when you type his number into these sites? Just wondering if most dogs show up there since Tucker does not.
http://www.petlink.net/
http://www.petmicrochiplookup.org/

Tucker was microchipped by the rescue he came from, when we got him I went to their website and registered him, got a letter in the mail confirming he was registered. His microchip is from 24 Pet Watch (www.24petwatch.com). For the last year I've been trying to change his picture on his profile because it's of him at like 12 weeks old. Each time I try to do it I get a pop up that says the site has become unresponsive, would I like to wait or "kill" the pages. I have clicked both before, nothing happens, so I just exit out. But then whatever browser I was using becomes useless. I try to open a new page and nothing will load, I have to restart the computer. This is why i'm on Internet Explorer at the moment. Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone else uses this company and if so can you edit your info and dog's picture without it causing an issue?
Stormy was "chipped" yesterday. I tried and tried to register her online. I finally called PetLink. The gal on the phone told me they were having problems with their site and that it was a revamped site as of yesterday. She was booted off 3 times while trying to register Stormy.

She told me it was set up to work the best on FireFox, but they realized they had problems and were working to get them ironed out. I haven't tried to check, change or add anything yet, because of their site having trouble.

She was very nice and waived the $4.95 cost to register by phone, but to tell you the truth, after your post, I'm NOT feeling too optimistic about this company.

I checked out Enda's number on both sites, I'm not hopeful her info really is registered anywhere. Her breeder chipped her, I've been wondering if I should activate the chip with another company, but i can't stand money grubby companies who require "yearly fees". On the first website it says they can't find her chip number, on the second of the two links they send you two they couldn't find it either, on the second link you posted they say
The Microchip is enrolled with:
EiDAP inc. Date Last Updated: 9/23/2009
For more information call ...
I really would like to know where would be the best place to get her chip activated with my info directly on it, but I don't want to pay a yearly fee if I don't have to.

K

Kaydee

Alot of tri-state shelters use Home Again. Even if you don't pay a fee for whatever you're still permanently registered with their system. Sophies page has a description, her chip number, contact information and our vets contact information and we don't pay for it.

elegy

overdogged
Steve's number is the only one easily accessible and yes, it comes up. His chip is through HomeAgain.

I like HomeAgain. They're well-known. They seem to be pretty on the ball. They have a yearly fee for their additional services (which includes a free call to poison control iirc), but all you *need* to pay is the initial registration fee for the chip to work.

swabby

Steve's number is the only one easily accessible and yes, it comes up. His chip is through HomeAgain.

I like HomeAgain. They're well-known. They seem to be pretty on the ball. They have a yearly fee for their additional services (which includes a free call to poison control iirc), but all you *need* to pay is the initial registration fee for the chip to work.
HomeAgain is what Shadow is on, but when he was chipped, I didn't have a computer and I can no longer read his number. I have it on file and will get it fixed when I get home.

Thanks to Maxy24 for starting this thread. :)

Saeleofu

I'd have to go look up their numbers, but I will run them and let you know.

Mine are chipped with Avid chips and are registered with Avid and AKC CAR, though the Avid stuff is pretty out of date (but they charge to change info!)

Thanks, I'll look more into HomeAgain than, our vet uses them. The other one that keeps popping up for me is the AKC CAR too, but I thought they only had service with an annual fee?

MicksMom

Thanks, I'll look more into HomeAgain than, our vet uses them. The other one that keeps popping up for me is the AKC CAR too, but I thought they only had service with an annual fee?
Caleb has an AVID chip. The number shows up on his AKC info page, but I didn't/won't pay an annual fee. I believe the annual fee is like Home Again's- for "extra" stuff.

thehoundgirl

At the shelter, we use 24petwatch for microchipping and register them through a program called petpoint so the adopters or the owners who reclaim their dogs or cats don't have to but they have to call the company if any information changes.

MicksMom

AKC CAR has a one-time fee, and updating information is free, which is why I chose them.
Good to know. Now, the big question, can I register Caleb's Avid chip, or does it have to be a specific brand? I thought at one point they would only register Home Again.

yoko

That's good to know. They are the main one I have looked at.

Keechak

Aussie Obssessed
My dog's chips show up on the "Pet Microchip Lookup" website but not the "Petlink" site, I use Home Again.

misfitz

Ruddy Buttinski
My dog and cat both got Avid chips from the shelter when I adopted them. All of the So. Calif. shelters use Avid, and they chip all animals they adopt out.

I have paperwork from Avid that shows they are registered, and my info. They don't show up on the Petlink site. On the Pet Microchip Lookup site, the cat's info says "No pet owner information was found in the associated databases" and then "This is most likely a microchip from: Avid"

The dog's chip comes up registered with Found Animals and AKC CAR. I've never heard of Found Animals but maybe it has to do with the UKC/AMBOR registry I signed up for ages ago.

As far as I know, Avid keeps their own records, and anyone who finds an animal with an Avid chip has to call Avid. What's up with "microchip registries"? I thought that once they were chipped, and registered once (with Avid at least) then you're good. Those other two sites make it seem like they know about all of the chips...that disturbs me.

At least in my area, I'm pretty confident that all of the shelters have Avid readers. Something to think about when you're travelling out of state, though.

Members online

No members online now.