Pulled Muscle???

Oski

GSD lover
Oski has had some lameness in his left front leg for about 15 days now....I first noticed it after some agressive play time with my moms dog at Christmas and figured he just sprained his leg since he did it before to the other one about 4 or 5 months ago, but it isn't going away. I am taking him to the vet this week to see what the problem is. The pain seems to be in his muscle, pretty far above his elbow so I dont think it is ED...does anyone know what this could be?? How long do pulled muscles usually last on dogs? Could it be something more serious, like maybe a problem with his bone? He does still walk on it, but with a limp, and when he is sitting, he holds it up. Thanks for any advice,
Jackie

Schnauz

go directly to the vet and don't just stop at looking at his muscles. don't leave without blood work/urine. it can be anything after 2 weeks.

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
I'd have to agree - 15 days is too long to go with a limping dog..

Have you kept Oski quiet these past 15 days? As in no running/long walks etc?

It could be a torn ligament, could be a fracture.. could be endless list of things.

I suggest getting Xrays while your at the vet. Urine sample wouldn't show much for a FL limping dog - blood might not be a bad idea though.

I'd definately start with Xrays and go from there.

Oski

GSD lover
I tried to keep him from running around, no daily walks or fetch, but when he goes outside, we have a very large wooded yard and he just runs around when I let him out like he isn't even hurt...so that isn't very good for healing process. Thanks for the advice though, I will be sure to get x-rays and a blood test too.

Oski

GSD lover
he's a year and a half. i thought it might be pano too, but does the lameness usually last for periods that long??

Members online