I Madie Cookies!

Brattina88

Yup, I made cookies for the dogs! Peanut butter, since I wasn't too keen on making the house smell like any kind of stinky meat if I messed up or burned them or something :lol-sign:

I visited my great grandmother on Saturday... She's having my great aunt write down all of her old-time recipes from waay back when, she lived in Kentucky and everything, and they didn't have too much to work with. I got a lot of great soup recipes that taste really good, but don't really have a whole lot in them... She had her right that down just for me... aww....

Anyway, Missy is a really picky eater and she ate them :D yay!

I think this is going to become a habit... I feel the need to try different recipes, and cute cookie cutter shapes :eek: !!

I want to make some for all of my friends dogs! And the pounds that Missy and Lady came from! :-D But I wonder if I'd have to make real cookies and a card for the people if I do that :confused:

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
Im gonna have to keep this a secret from my two lol. If they knew you had cookies they would definatly run away to live with you ;).

Brattina88

:D we should get together sometime and I'll give you some... ;)

I'm not a good cook, but somehow I manage to make really good dog cookies :lol-sign:

Brattina88

1 cup flour
1/2 cup peanut butter *
1/2 beef broth *
1 teaspoon baking powder

Mix all ingredients together; roll it over floured surface, cut into fun designs
Bake for 20mins 350'F
(or longer depending on how crunchiness)

Cool completely before serving, and store in an air tight container to ensure freshness
---------------------------
* can be chunky or regular. Can also be substituted with cheese or other similar ingredients (though I haven't tried that yet ;))

* can be any kind of broth depending on dog's likes, or allergies can even be water.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
1 cup flour
1/2 cup peanut butter *
1/2 beef broth *
1 teaspoon baking powder

Mix all ingredients together; roll it over floured surface, cut into fun designs
Bake for 20mins 350'F
(or longer depending on how crunchiness)

Cool completely before serving, and store in an air tight container to ensure freshness
---------------------------
* can be chunky or regular. Can also be substituted with cheese or other similar ingredients (though I haven't tried that yet ;))

* can be any kind of broth depending on dog's likes, or allergies can even be water.
Thank you Dana! :D

dogstarsleddogs

The dog is never wrong!
Thanks for the recipe! I'll have to try it. Made about a pound of plain cookies (used water instead of broth) about 2 weeks ago, and they're finally gone. Will have to try these out, along with chicken and beef flavors. I'm sure the dogs will love them!

Brattina88

:D no problem - I hope you get a chance to make them, and the pups like 'em

Dogstar... you'll have to share your recipies as well ;) yumm chicken... :p ... lol

dogstarsleddogs

The dog is never wrong!
OK, heres my recipe: http://tinyurl.com/yz9na7
I left out the milk powder, used butter instead of margarine, and left out the salt. Since I dont have a doggie cookie cutter, I used an apple corer, perfect size! They taste pretty bland (yes, I ate one), but dogs still like them!

Brattina88

thanks

:lol-sign:
I tried one of my peanut butter ones
they're a little dry and they taste like dog biscuits
but the dogs love them :eek:

Brattina88

okay... I fed all of the peanut butter ones to my dogs, and gave the rest to my friends' dogs....
:D

So I decided to try and make some cheese ones today...

It didn't go very well at first - very very sticky. Your supposed to add flour to even it up, but I didn't want it to be too bland :eek: So I didn't use cookie cutters...

they're in the oven right now....
*anticipation* :eek: *lol*

Members online

No members online now.