Need Vibes for my Ex

Doberluv

My ex husband, with whom I am friendly and still consider each other family, is not well. When I was there (near Seattle) from Thanksgiving through Xmas, around Thanksgiving he had a bad cold, which we all caught. It may have even been a flu for all I know. He coughed and coughed and even when the bug went away, he continued having bad congestion and coughing up phlem.

Every time he gets something like this, it does drop down into his lungs. He had pertussis (whooping cough) as a baby and almost died. His lungs have never been quite right. He's affected by cold air going in and is susceptible to bronchitis.

Anyhow, it's Feb and he's still not right...coughing, too much phlem and tired. My daughter talked to him on the phone last night and called me. She said he sounds short of breath. He has a doctor's appt. this Fri. In fact, he did go to the doctor some time ago and was told that these cold bugs that are "going around" are lingering, not to worry, that it's not unusual to have these long lasting symptoms.

Well, with this shortness of breath and excessive (I think) tiredness, I am VERY concerned. He does not have a fever or pain in the chest as with pneumonia. He needs positive vibes, prayers, whatever might help that it's not something serious. :(

MPP

petperson
He needs to get to the doctor TODAY, never mind Friday. I've had altogether too many problems in this area, and believe me, this sounds very serious. I hate to add to your anxiety. I'm just really concerned. (He also might consider a different doctor. A three-month cough is NOT normal.)

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
definitely sending vibes and prayers.

My step dad went through this same thing. he got a cold and it hung around and hung around and the doctors kept blowing it off. it took over a year for them to finally take it seriously. by then he had pneumonia and they put him on anti biotics. when that didn't work they had to drain the fluid from his lungs surgically and then after that when he still wasn't better they went in and actually scraped the infection out of his lungs.

nothing was working and then finally he was diagnosed with lupus.

I sure hope it's not that but he needs to make sure the doctors really take this seriously and don't take "give it some time" as an answer

Doberluv

I told him that....that this is NOT normal to be this tired all the time and to have this lingering so long and that he should not wait until Fri. Fri is a long ways off. I think the medical professionals are getting worse and worse and blowing people off is becoming common practice. I remember that about your step dad, Sparks. It sounds awful!

MPP, thank you. You couldn't add to my anxiety. I'm already really, really thinking the worst. And by that, I don't mean bacterial. Thanks so much for the positive vibes.

Romy

Taxiderpy
((Hugs)) and >>>vibes<<<.

If it makes you feel better, there is some kind of martian death flu crud that's been going around western wa this season. Robert and Aurelia got it and ended up hacking for over a month. Some of my friends that struggle with asthma are still hacking from it three months later. :(

I'm really hoping that's all it is, just lingering crud.

noludoru

Bored Now.
I told him that....that this is NOT normal to be this tired all the time and to have this lingering so long and that he should not wait until Fri. Fri is a long ways off. I think the medical professionals are getting worse and worse and blowing people off is becoming common practice. I remember that about your step dad, Sparks. It sounds awful!

MPP, thank you. You couldn't add to my anxiety. I'm already really, really thinking the worst. And by that, I don't mean bacterial. Thanks so much for the positive vibes.

He needs a different doctor. :mad: I'm sending plenty of vibes, though - I hope he goes in sooner than friday and they can actually help him.

Doberluv

Romy, as much as I feel sorry for Robert, Aurelia and your friends, (it does wear you down when these things last so long) that does make me hopeful that it's not cancer or something. He is 61. My daughter has asthma and even she wasn't as badly affected. Some of these bugs though, really do make you feel like garbage. So, I hope he'll be okay.

Yes Renee....definitely time for some definitive testing. I emailed him and true to form, gave him a piece of my mind...to insist on an xray or mri and don't take "bla bla bla, it's nothing" for an answer.

Nolu, he may need another doctor. But when he went, it was not so long after he had the virus, so it wasn't unreasonable at that time to think it was the body still trying to rid itself of phlem, which is over-produced when our antibodies react to pathogens. But now it really is getting too long.

Thanks for the good vibes.

Members online

No members online now.